Does he still care about me?

I've been talking to him for 3 months, we weren't official but we acted like we were in a relationship. We are in the same class, last year we had a thing too but that ended because of me. We had a few problems along the way this time aswell due to me not trying hard enough but a few weeks ago we completely sorted it out and we were fine! It was only a week ago we met up, kissed and acted like a couple. We were getting so close. Then all of a sudden two days ago he messaged me, we had a long conversation and he ended it. He said he doesn't think we will work in a relationship and that he doesn't want to hurt me anymore with his bad mood swings when he acts off or blunt with me and stuff because he knows how upset I've been in the past. But I told him I can easily deal with that. He said I can find someone better and that he really hopes we can be friends, and he kept apologising. He's worried something will happen and that he'll 'fuck it up'. I told him that I'm in love with him and that this is breaking my heart, so it doesn't make sense that he doesn't want to hurt me. He said that this is so hard for him because he really likes me but he just can't hurt me anymore. So I had to accept it, I genuinely thought we would work out well as things were going fine. Did he even care?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he realizes you have stronger feelings than he does and he's letting you down gently.
    You would hope he cares but it's hard to say without knowing him... some feed you sob stories just to get away from it all as well.
    3 months isn't that long to get that emotionally invested. He may have been looking for something casual since he didn't make it official.

• That's true, well I've liked him for 9 months and he's liked me for a majority of that time too. And we did become really attached to eachother, because even after he started a break with me and got mad, he came back a week later and said how much he cared about me and stuff. It's just a shame it ended this way because I had such strong feelings for him.

• He sounds like a confused dude that doesn't know what he wants. I would just look after yourself in the mean time and let him figure himself out. Clearly at this moment in time you're on different pages for what you want from each other. :/

• That's so true, yes I will try and be happy without him. Thank you so much for helping X

Sponsored

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• He cares but he simply does not want a romantic relationship with you.