Girls, Is it right for a girl to kick a guy in the balls after dumping her?

Me and my ex were drinking and hanging with friends when I told her, ( in private), that I thought we needed to have time apart to "find ourselves", and pretty much broke up with her. She got really pissed and started a huge argument in front of everyone, and after I told her to shut the fuck up, she just kicked me in the balls and left. Should I even care anymore about apologizing? Or should she apologize to me for embarrassing me like that?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• Both of you were in the wrong here.. though she definitely shouldn't have kicked you in the balls lol.. or made it public. On the other hand you could have also waited until you guys weren't out together in public with friends, and also not told her to shut the fuck up in front of everyone. I would just let it go, it's over.

What Girls Said 7

• You did embarass her. Why couldn't you have waited for real privacy to talk about this? It would have saved you both the trouble of hiding from everyone else.

And "shut the fuck up" is aggressive enough for her to become aggressive in turn. Neither of you were entirely upstanding on this matter.

You both should apologize. The most courageous gets to start.

• Well it doesn't seem like you both were right for each other from this situation. Perhaps you could have picked a better time to have the conversation? Even though you were in private, she would have still felt awful about it. And nobody should be kicking you anywhere for that matter. Hitting someone is not OK, ever. You could have not told her to 'shut the fuck up', too. This is really disrespectful to another human being and disregards her feelings at that moment. It sounds like you both are probably better off not being together. This sounds very destructive, but you both should be apologizing to each other - I'm sorry :-(

• Erm if I was with a guy and he broke up while hanging with friends I would be hugely embarressed and upset... How is anyone supposed to react after that? Carry on as normal? That was just plain mean dude. Her reaction obviously was to lash out because of her humiliation. Telling her to shut the fuck up after hurting her like that? I don't blame her for kicking you in the nuts. Sound like you deserved it ! You apologise. You humiliated as well as hurt her. She deserves an apology at least... Take note: there's a time and place for a break up mate, while hanging with your friends is not one of them!

• What she did was not okay. People lash out verbally, but lashing out physically is wrong and illegal.

• If i were her i'd probably do the same...
    some of us are just sassy.

• That wasn't the time or place to do a break up. She shouldn't have kicked you either.
    You both were wrong.

• totally!! my girl!!