Recently single... I want to go on a date, but I feel a bit guilty. What should I do?

So my girlfriend of 2 years and I broke up a few weeks ago and she just recently finally moved out into her parent house. It was mostly my idea, but she admitted it was the right thing to do. We were arguing A LOT, and the intimacy went down the drain! We still love each other a lot, but I think she is wanting this to work out more than I am. I need to see real changes in her before I consider that again. We are open to getting back together, but are allowed to date/see other people during this time. Although she has stated several times that she doesn't want to, I think in an attempt to keep me from doing so...

Well, Now I have a date with a neighbor of mine now that I am single again, but I feel a little guilty. My ex knows this girl flirted with me all the time when we were together, and hates her. Plus, I can tell she is having a hard time, and has already contacted me trying to hang out. I have been nice, but have kept my distance. I am watching her dog for her right now, so she was saying she wanted to see her.

I am just not sure if I want to be back with her, right now I feel like I don't. I feel like going out with other women would help me decide this, but also would probably hurt her a lot. What should I do? I know I don't owe her anything, but she is one of my best friends and I don't want to hurt her. Should I tell her about the date? Go on it, but keep it secret? Or anther option I'm not thinking of?

Most Helpful Girl

• Give it a bit more time to get over the relationship first, then you won't feel guilty.

Most Helpful Guy

• I find it really weird that someone would break up with the stlArtGuy wtf

• What are you talking about? Also, I broke up with her...

What Girls Said 2

• I think you should give a little more time.

• You don't need to tell her anything

What Guys Said 0