Boyfriend says he needs space?

I have been dating this guy for 6 months. These past few months have been great. We got along really well and I thought things were great between us. Around the beginning of the sixth month, his depression started to act up. He started to become distant from and me and eventually told me that he needed space and that he wasn't sure that we should be together anymore. He said he needed time for himself. So I told him that I respected any decision he made, but that we should wait awhile or at least until he feels better to decide to actually break up. He said he would think about it and that he really loved me. But that I deserved someone else and that he did not want to hurt me. I told him that I wanted just me and that I would always been there for him. So I gave him so space for two weeks or so and then texted him saying that I was thinking about him and that I hope he was doing well. He hasn't responded and it's been a couple days. What should I do? Are we actually broken up? I just don't know what to think. Should I just take this as a sign that he doesn't want to be in this relationship anymore?

11

What Guys Said 1

• "Space" is what a dishonest pussy says for "breakup" It's over permanently and you won't remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it. Get on with your life

What Girls Said 1

• A break is being broken up