Boyfriend of 4 years with 3 kids? Cut ties or Work it out?

I feel as if I'm starting to slip away from my boyfriend of 4 years. I met him in college and everything was great until I got pregnant and moved in with him. He just became this different person that I didn't see myself marrying. Things got better but now i'm the only one supporting us and it's taking a toll on me physically, financially, and emotionally. Every time any of his friends call him up to do something he shoots out the house and doesn't even ask me if I have plans or if I wanted to do anything with him. He constantly spends money he doesn't have (which is my money) to where I can't properly take care of important matters. He only takes interest in me when he wants to have sex. Then there's the days where we actually do hang out and I realized why I fell for him and everything is peachy. Obviously that only last for one day out of the week. We have 3 kids and I'm really really starting not to like him and I'm loosing my connection I first had with him. I'm unhappy most of the time and I just put a smile on my face to face others. So what should i do? Should i hold on or just let it go?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• You're in a bad situation. I'd say cut ties. Be aware that no man
    in his right mind will date a single mother with three kids. Some will.
    Most won't. And you can't blame them. I'd be your friend, beyond that
    noooo just no !

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're not getting treated how you deserve you can leave, he doesn't have money so it's not like you need him financially either however he does have to take responsibility for the children. You're unhappy, just because he's the father of you children doesn't mean you're stuck with him in a relationship for the rest of you life. You're still young too!

What Guys Said 1

• Seems like the story of most women. Do what women do normally. Divorce and take custody of the kids.

What Girls Said 4

• It's hard when you have kids. You really need to talk to him about this. Tell him to get his shit together because you can't support the both of you and the entire family on your own.

• Communicate with him, that's what you do. If he dont do anything about it after you tell him what you've told us, then you better bring him another wake up call. I'll honestly would have told you if he didn't listen, move on, but you have kids. So fight it out a few times... and see where it goes.

• You should first tell him all of that. And see his response. If he's unwilling to change it or is in denial then I say leave it.

• You have kids. You owe it to them to be happy. Otherwise they won't be able to see a healthy relationship.