My ex made me suffer so much. How can I make him regret breaking my heart?

He made me feel miserable, he was a drug addict who sometimes treated me poorly. I did everything for him and he broke up with me 2 months ago!
He texted me 2 weeks ago, saying hey... I didn't answer.
How do I make him regret?
Thanks everyone!

Most Helpful Guy

• By moving on like he meant nothing at all to you. He's a drug addict so that's what's important to him, not you or anything else. Anything else you do right now is not going to faze him at all. Moving on is the only thing that might (depends how much he really cares about you under all the drugs) and even if it doesn't, it's better and healthier for you to do so. Make sure your next boyfriend isn't a drug addict. Down the road if he ever gets his act together and gets off the drugs, he's probably REALLY going to regret loosing you, but right now, he simply doesn't care most likely. Drug addicts only care about drugs and their supply.

• Don't talk to him anymore either in any way.

• Thanks a lot for your opinion.
      I agree with you. I don't think he cares about me at all, he didn't really try to contact me (just that "hey" text, which is nothing). I didn't know he was a drug addict when we started dating and when I fell for him, I discovered many things about him that weren't that great: drugs, selling drugs, gang members connections.
      And he was the most sweet person I met, I couldn't imagine this... I was completely manipulated by the way he acted in the beginning... and this sucks. I did the best for that guy.

• Sorry to hear that :( Yes when they want to, they can hide it very well sometimes.

Most Helpful Girl

• The problem with people like him is that they won't feel regret for anything, no matter what you do or say. Because they don't realize they've done anything wrong. And by the time they MIGHT realize that MAYBE they did something wrong (IF they for some reason change), several years have gone by and you've already moved on a really long time ago. So don't wait around for that to happen. You won't move on by getting him to regret it. That's not healthy. Instead, focus on what you can do to yourself in order to get your self-confidence up, and finally move on from this guy. Clearly he's not worth the time, so why are you still worrying so much about what he thinks and feels?

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 13

• You get so absorbed in your own life and having fun and have such a busy schedule that you no longer have thoughts like, "How do I make him regret?"

That's when he might see a glowing you who is doing so well, looking sexy, in great shape, so confident. And then he might regret it, but you won't care either way. It's only when it's genuine and not pretense that this really works.

• Posting pictures of myself looking good on social media doesn't look genuine right? :(

• It's all about the motivation for doing it. It's genuine if you aren't doing it at all for him, but it's easy to fool yourself when you still have feelings.

• For your own good you should focus on your own happiness. The best revenge is living a happy and beautiful life far away from him.

• Thank you.
      We live far from each other so I'm trying to look at my best on social networking (he still follows me).

• Thanks !
      I'm 25 years old and I lost my hope in finding a good man who truly loves me and respects me

• It might be my fault. I am 25 and I have only had one (ex) girlfriend so I am not really doing my part >_<

• You are better off focusing your energy on good outcomes than negative outcomes. That's you just need to ignore his messages, than to look for ways to make him regret. You are better than that. Aren't you?

• I guess I am. It's just hard to realize that someone doesn't care at all.
      In the beginning of our relationship he was so caring and charming, I didn't know he was a drug addict. But then he told me what's going on and at that moment I was too involved and I wanted to help him.

• People like your ex and mine know what they are doing is bad but are so addicted to their old lifestyle. Even when presented with the opportunities to change, they won't.

My ex told me how she wanted us to get married in 12 months time just after 3 weeks of dating. I told her not until she finishes her uni studies, and turns 26 years old. She later used that against me when we broke up, stating it's proof I never loved her in first place.

I told her, you should even be thanking me for saying that because I have your best interest at heart. I want you to finish your education and get a job before getting bugged down by the responsibilities that come with marriage.

At 22, what does she know about marriage, and bringing up children? I asked her. She said, I have you to teach me. I told her there are motherly stuffs I as a man can't do or understand.

• That sucks, she wouldn't be the wife you want... or a good mother for your kids. It just sucks how people can be so ungrateful...

• Revenge doesn't fix anything. It will only give him worse idea's.

• Learn your leason you can't change bad boys and move on. How exactly would you make him regret, what exactly do you want him to regret? He was a drug addict and yet you still stayed with him.

Holding onto this bitterness is not the way to make someone regret anything. Moving on with yourself and becoming a better happier person should be your goal, not trying to waste any energy on some deadbeat loser. Shit happens you learn and move on.

• I know it sounds like a cliche but when he told me his past with drugs I was too involved in that relationship (I discovered that after 9 months)... and then I thought " I can't give up on a person just because he is in a bad situation" I thought I could help him but then... he hurt me like this!
      He broke up with me via text and he didn't even want to talk to me... He said he didn't want to make it worse. I asked him to answer the phone and texted me "are we broken up?" and he insisted saying "I call you tomorrow, I just can't do it now"... but he didn't call me lol I didn't even deserve that

• The guy sounds like a total loser. But if you keep holding on to it you will never move forward. Giving him any satisfaction is not worth it.

• You move on with your life.

• Lol if he broke up he probably won't regret it no matter what you do

• You never regretted after breaking up with a girl?

• No. I don't break up without an irreversible reason.

• You move on with your life and be happy.. Best revenge you can get over an ex is that right there.

• Hide his cocaine stash..
    Oh evil you.

• Don't. You both already suffered enough. You from the breakup and him from the drugs. No need to escalate things. Just move on.

• You only want to make him regret if you want him back, unless you are vengeful (in which case you have work to do), so if you want him back then give yourself 30 days no contact, work on yourself, and pray he does the same.

• You dont just move on

• Just leave him. And pretend you dont give a fuck about him, dont even look at him. That will hurt him more, it will make him feel worthless.

• Im trying to do it
      I unfollowed him on social networking but let him follow me, he didn't unfollow me... Should I block him or let him look at my pics?

• I don't think I can't date this soon. Which type of pictures would make him feel bad?
      Pictures of me looking good?

• Dont matter. Pictures of you looking very happy with friends, its moving on that kills. Or having pictures close to some hot guys.
      Im a rich guy, i made an ex jealous just by standing next to a luxury car my dad bought :D, also when i took a picture with a hot girl on holiday :D.
      He wants you to be sad at home thinking of him... do the opposite. Its easy just use your mind, good luck :)

What Girls Said 9

• Why would you do that? :( You both suffered and that guy was a drug addict, he already partially ruined his life.

• Do you think his life is destroyed?

• Ofc not, at least I hope so. :/ I mean, wanting someone who's already autodestructive to suffer is really mean.

• do you think? I imagine that he is better now without me

• you won't be able to make him regret it. Just move on with your life and try your hardest to stop thinking about him.

• He probably does regret it. You don't need to do anything. Just live well. That's the best revenge.

• You're doing the right thing, never respond to his texts just wait for sometime you are not a doll to just leave you whenever he wants and comes back whenever he wants, don't let him think that you're waiting for him to come back, your actions should inform him that you've moved on even if you haven't.

• Ignore him, best revenge.

• By moving on, forget about that guy

• By moving forward and focusing on yourself.

• grow up

• Just swear to him. Fuck u piss off or sth like that and don't answer him anymore