What are the underlying reasons for your breakups?

For me it's girls with trust issues

Most Helpful Girl

• I always found something wrong with my exes - either we were not on the same path of life or looking for the same things and thought it was best to end it... But after my last relationship, I realized that the real underlying reason for all my breakups was that I was searching for perfection...

And such thing does not exist.
    Now I know that.

There was nothing wrong with my exes, we were just different and I never knew how to appreciate our differences.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1 - Moodiness. I can't get with someone who is too much emotional, not saying that it is wrong, but I act rational 95% of the time, so it just wouldn't work.

2 - Social/Political completely different points of view. If I'm gonna argue every time we watch the news or we are discussing with someone, it is gonna get boring very soon.

3 - Too much religious. As an atheist, I can tolerate and respect others beliefs, but if it is gonna be one of those who put religious icons everywhere in the house it is gonna become exacerbating to me.

What Girls Said 35

• I like this question.

1)
    As you know, my idea of "flirting" is synonymous with "throwing little challenges in boys' faces".
    If I *win* too many of these little challenges, then, that's not good for the relationship. LOL #brutalhonestymoment

2)
    Flatline. Non-response. Too much rationality, not enough emotion.
    Too much "looks good on paper", not enough "fuck the world, I LOVE you."
    I need to know that my man is gna be there for me when the *real* shit goes down -- when all of the "rational" stuff boils away, and all that's left is our most primitive feelings and our dearest loves and commitments.
    I need to know that he LOVES me.
    I need emotion.
    Doesn't have to be all day every day -- honestly, sometimes one amazing moment is enough -- but, I can't deal with a deadpan expression all the time. The first half of "deadpan" is "dead".

3)
    I need a guy who's *flexible* and *adaptable*.
    I sleep weird hours, I do shit my own way... hell, I even basically made up my own freelance career.
    So, needless to say, if a man has ANY tendency to do things "because that's the way things are done"... he and I are not going to work.

__

Do notice, by the way, that almost all my sentences here start with "I".
    Not "They this", "they that", etc.
    #selfawareness

• I get bored of them or lose interest. 😅 Never been "dumped" or broken up with. I've always been the heart breaker. 😐😅

• Well, my ex was violently abusive, emotionally abusive and manipulative, he also cheated and would regularly flirt behind my back.
    They were pretty good reasons. And the underlying reasons for that? He's an arrogant sociopath who will always be like that.

• Incompatibility. People slowly reveal themselves over time, so most of my breakups were mutual. We realized we didn't want the same things in life, and parted ways with no hard feelings. There's only been two I had to break it off because of cheating or abuse, but that wasn't common.

• guys with trust issues or them playing me

• The last few breakups I had were a result of incompatibility and clinginess (not on my end either)

• Just simple incompatibility.

• Being taken for granted.

• My adhd & asd.

• Guys who don't know how to communicate. My opinion is worthless though lol !

• Only been in one break up and it was because my boyfriend was asked out by a girl he had chased after for 3 years before he mete then he left me for her and she left him 3 months later for a guy who was cute

• When they become too clingy or I notice they don't trust me. Hell naw..

• They lose interest. That, or they never had it to begin with but I was giving them something they needed in the moment.

• My lack of interest in a monogamous, committed relationship.

• Hmmm... I'll tell you when I get a date. (and break up)

• Good question!!

Trust issues (him)
    Incompatibility
    Lying
    Annoying (lol)

• It's hard for me to feel intimately close with most guys. I've only felt that type of connection with 2 guys in my life so far.

• guys with commitment issues

• You make it seem like commitment is nature

• @cchris989 gtfo if u tell me cheating is human nature

• No I'm saying that doing the wrong thing is easier than doing the right thing because of human nature

• Trust issues, incompatibility, lying, cheating, lost of interest

• I only date guys who are genuinely humble but a lot of people aren't.

• Abuse

• Guys who are liars and disrespectful

• Lack of compatibility.

• Trust issues
    Hiding something
    Incompatibilities (both my relationships ended because of this)

• I think that it's not really trusting your SO. So... Yeah. I agree with you.

• They become boring.

• usually trust issues stem from somebody cheating on them. maybe you're to blame for that persons trust issues.

• You wouldn't like me then, I have some major trust issues

• But for good reason. I'm not going to get into that now though but answer the question:

For me my first breakup was with a guy I was sort of "Dating" online. I didn't really want to have an online relationship in the first place but he kind of spoke me into it. I was going to change my mind and break up with him right away the next day but it was his birthday so I felt bad and decided to give it a week and see how I felt instead. It was 10 days before I finally mustered up the courage to break up with him. Why the break up? 1.) I wasn't really "feeling" the relationship 2.) I realised he wasn't my type personality wise even though we did have some things in common and some good conversations 3.) He lived in Wales and I knew I wasn't going to afford getting there on my own, my parents probably wouldn't let me, if I tried sneaking of I'd almost certainly get caught and I didn't like lying to my parents. How was I supposed to have a relationship where I couldn't see and touch the person

• When those things are important for me?

The 2nd time I broke up with someone was when they cheated on me. They would also be very selfish, uncaring, arrogant and lie a lot before then but I overlooked it a lot or didn't notice as he had a knack for coming across as super friendly and nice. The cheating though was the final straw. Loyalty is very important to me in a relationship and I always try to be loyal as possible in a relationship too. It's fine that he liked someone else but I feel he should've broke up with me before getting with them. Breaking up is bad enough, why cause someone extra emotional damage?

• For me it's them just not being right for me, even though i want them to be. I still want to make sure their okay, make sure my friends are their friends be there so I used to try to end it good before it gets messy. I still love them just since I didn't see end game it wasn't in love rather just love.

• he's too friendly with other girls,

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 16

• One kept finding a better deal, apparently, as she broke up with me three times for two different guys ("oh don't worrry, guy a and I are over for real this time!" ... "ok, but now I'm leaving you for guy b..." ... "I was wrong, I'm getting back with guy a..."

One started doing Meth again (I didn't know she had *ever* done meth, she left that part out in the getting-to-know-you phase) and then wound up getting with one of my friends immediately after she and I broke up...

One decided I had been cheating on her and would not be convinced otherwise (with the meth girl, BTW)...

And the last one we don't even speak of...

• s32.postimg.org/.../...54_37_1455038706217_145.jpg

Chicks making a whole group chat in me sending screenshots lmao

• There's really been no consistency regarding the reasons underlying or otherwise so I really couldn't say.

• Well...

My own damn insecurity

Which she then exploited and knew exactly which buttons to push to keep me around like a lost puppy.

Partially her fault, partially mine

Meh

• I'm a terrible boyfriend.

• It's them getting fat or not wanting to try anal.

• women being insecure about her own life and alaywas thinking id cheat? no i dont give her reasons to think that.

its ususally the lack of morals/faith

whats socially accepted is also huge. women have to be socially accepted so they are slaves to what society values and thinks.

• communication.

• I don't know, there is no particular reason... I guess when women become manipulative and cranky in a relationship that is the final nail to the coffin

• Same, my last serious relationship ended because she kept thinking I was having side relationships

• Sexual incompatibility.

• Girls who aren't honest

• i do not know

• Cause I cheated

• Honestly? I tend to get bored after a while. They no longer seem interesting.

Probably a flaw on my side but that's what the problem is most times.

• Sexual incompatibility.