How do you get over a break up?

This might sound sad but before , my latest boyfriend of five years I haven't been with anyone. How do I get over him? The break up was horrible and on the phone I am heartbroken as I don't know where to start as we was planning our future by buying a house. It ended a week ago. He won't speak to me as its how he handles things and I feel so lonely. I keep crying and crying then day drea, and cry again. I don't know how to handle this. I have barely eaten and not finished a meal since.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• You just spent 5 years with this person, of course you're going to be devastated and heartbroken. With that being said, you only broke up a week ago. You have every right to cry all the time. Give each other time/space. Maybe after a couple weeks or so talk to him. Just don't dwell on the situation for too long. Have your friends help you get your mind off of him, so things you enjoy doing that make you happy. If it's meant to be, you'll find a way to get back in each other's lives.

• Well he won't speak to me at all as he doesn't know how he feels apparently so he is completely ignoring me. Turns his phone off and everything. I have tried and tried to get through to him but not heard his voice since a bad phone call a week and a half ago. I have been cut off now from his life which is really hard as there wasn't a proper goodbye or discussion and we was about to buy a house...
      Xx