2 years need to break up?

So I am in college and been with my girlfriend for almost two years. I have only been in 3 relationships and this is by far my longest one. I need to break up with her and I don't know exactly how or when to say it. We live together. She has her own place but she has only been staying at my place and I will soon be moving to the other side of the stats after I graduate. I don't know how to break it to her...

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to her about it. Explain what your situation is and how you feel. Do it as soon as you can.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're lucky you're even having a girlfriend. It's fucking hard to even impress them being an Asian American.

I can't understand how men are able to impress women. It's too difficult when I try. And I've been at it all 25 years of my life.

What Girls Said 4

• It's horrible to do but you've just got to be completely honest with her and explain that. There's not going to be any easy way around it so honesty is the best policy, chances are she's probably already been worrying that somethings wrong so best to put her out of her misery. As much as she won't like it if you're honest she can't really say anything bad about it. Good luck!

• You just have to sit down with her, explain your situation and say that you want to break up. Not that complicated.

• why are you?

• Just tell her. What would you want her to do if she was in your position? It's going to hurt her no matter what, but just TELL HER

What Guys Said 1

• why do you need to break up?

• Don't think I love her anymore, things aren't going anywhere, I feel like she's just lazy now, I don't see a long term future with her, but I don't know how to break this to her without being so harsh... I mean I do love her just not in that way. I still care for her and I definitely want us to be friends after...

• Fair enough. Honestly there is no good way to break up. It's an awful thing to do and to have done to you. Just don't lie to her when you do. She'll respect your honesty. I wouldn't be completely straight up and tell her what you told me exactly, that will hurt her emotionally and you don't want that. However make sure you tell her everything, just be slightly more vague. Plan what you're going to say in advance, you might make an arse of yourself otherwise. I probably don't need to say this to you, but don't do it over text or the phone. Bottom line, sit her down, tell her what you're feeling (maybe miss out the part about being lazy, or make it sound nicer), and hopefully she'll understand.