Depression after breakup? Help?

I'm 23 years old and I think I'm going through depression... My relationship ended after two years he was my first boyfriend first love, since then I am struggling to live my life, I have become so unfocused, so unhappy, stressed all the time, I worry about everything but I'm not being active Iv become so lazy and depressed, I hate everything around me I don't feel good enough, I have such bad thoughts about running away, disappearing, starting a again, Iv become so negative and unhappy. it was 8months since it ended but through out that we spoke and met up went very badly we argued things were said very stressful and depressing situation. He said some things which has made me evaluate myself.. I don't feel good enough I feel like I let people down all the time that I'm lazy that I'm not smart , that's I don't have many good friends, that my family isn't good enough, that I'm not going to be successful cause I'm not that good or smart, I feel like there's people out there doing better than me. I have let myself go so much I don't even look after myself anymore when I used to so much. Iv made soooooo many mistakes I just want to run away!

How do I get out off this situation., really need some help :(

Ps: we broke up after arguments building up, things about the past, insecurities, differences constant arguing just came to an end, he had enough he said he broke it off.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tom Petty says it best: "The waiting is the hardest part".

You have a broken heart. Congratulations! You are human now!

Honey, this will take time - lots of time. Let life happen to you. It helps if you can get involved in something that interests you because this will help take your mind off if this.

One day, the pain will subside and you will meet another man and get into another relationship and all will be right with the world again. That said, your are changed forever already. If this is your first broken heart, you will never return to who you were before that event. In many ways, this is a good thing... for you and everyone else... because it makes you will disappear in timehuman; less judgmental, more empathetic, you value little things more... a while myriad of new perspectives will develop!

... but, until that happens, yeah, depression often occurs, but, like a bad cold, it will disappear in time. You just have to wait and try to keep your mind occupied on something other than this failed relationshio to help make the time pass and the depression not so deep.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just get over him and get into the dating scene. Throw his gifts away, get involved in a new activity.

We’ve all heard virtually the same advice, and some if it can be helpful, but breakups suck no matter what.

Breakups from any type of relationship can cause sadness, grief or depression whether a woman initiates the breakup or not.

When there’s depression involved, it’s best to see a therapist or psychologist, but there are some actions you can do to ease some pain. One thing to keep in mind is that thoughts of an ex can interfere with your life if you let them.

Each time those thoughts come up, distract yourself. You can’t block him from coming up, but you can stop yourself from dwelling on that person. What you need to do is weaken the ties with him, so you don’t want to be dwelling on him because that reinforces the ties.

Build something new, you'll get better soon.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Try to keep it together and pick up the pieces. You can always get another boyfriend. Couples break up all the time. Just try to stay motivated and positive.

• What things did he claim you needed to work on? Are these things you find problematic? I've been down your road too. Truth is you aren't as bad as you might think.

What Girls Said 1

• You already mentioned some bad qualities :o
    You're lazy - Try to push yourself to get productive
    Not many friends? You don't needto have many, as long as you have a few you can count on! Letting them know how awesome they are doesn't hurt
    Not that good? try new hobbies? Write down your good qualities too
    And look after yourself, stay healthy, do sports, watch your diet