Is It More Likely That An Ex Will Come Back If It Was A Ltr?

Is it more likely that an ex will come back if it was a ltr than if it was a short one? What about if you were married vs. Just dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it really depends on the relationship. If it was long term and there was nothing major like cheating or abuse, then I think the chances are better.

• We were together for 8 years, married 5. No cheating or abuse. She said she just became unhappy. We had a perfect relationship. She was even planning a vacation for us the week before she left. We decided on Hawaii, she was all excited. And she was intimate up untill the night before she left. Didn't see it coming at all. But surely after 8 years she didn't just leave on a whim. Regardless it was quiet the shock to me.

• Yah, I completely stopped talking to her a little over a month ago. Basically disappeared. But at first I begged and what not, which I know I shouldn't have, and I know she was annoyed. I'm not sure I'd even take her back "if" she were to try. It'd be nice if she did though, cause the ball would be in my court.

• Hey, you can't blame yourself for begging. We've all done that at one point, so its ok. Its what you do from here on out. You gotta ignore her, not necessarily to get her back but so you can start healing.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

• I think if it was a LDR it is less possible that the ex comes back. Probably because the long distance was the problem in the first place; when you're in a LDR relationship, you build your life, and you build your life with your partner. When you break up you don't have to swim in the other persons life and friends, you continue with your own life. The only reason I can see where the ex comes back to a LDR is if the person really don't like their life and wish they could rather be a part of the partners life.

For marriage and dating I don't know what to say, have never been married.

• I meant a long term relationship/marriage vs. A short term relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• No guarantees. Things have changed. Better to just move forward, let go and heal. There is more than likely factors that had been beyond your control which let to breakup and split between you two in the first place.

I would think that a LTR may still have a better chance compared to a Short Term relationship such as a Fling or a One Night Stand.

• In the LTR and STR... it all depends, it could have been ltr and shitty all the way or str and been like 7 minutes of heaven. its the experience, not the time that is the determining factor. this applies to marriage And dating.

• That makes since. In my situation we were together for 8 years and married. But the last year or so wasn't great. We fought a lot, and she left. Said she wasn't in love anymore. But the other 7 years were great. So I don't know.

• Yah we dated for three years, then got married for 5 years. We moved in together after 2ish years. No kids. Thank God! I wouldn't ever want to put kids through a divorce. We did want kids though. But we agreed we should wait a bit longer untill we had them.

• Good thing you did wait. well, looks like she did you a favor mate... throw them shackles away and call someone up.