We've been together for 4 years, what do I do now?

My now ex-boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years and the past 5 months have been the worst for me. There was a lot of arguing, miscommunication and no trust. Back in May, I went out with my cousin (they don't like each other) and he was okay with it until he found out I gave my number to a guy at a lounge. I honestly thought the guy was gay so I thought it would be nice to make a new friend but I found out later that night after he left that he wasn't gay. My boyfriend found out the next day and we got in a huge argument and he stormed out of my house and told me to have a good life and he was done. We didn't talk for a week and then he txted me to work thing out so I thought everything was going to be ok. I later found out during that week we didn't talk he fb msg'd some random girl and we got in a really bad argument. Ever since that we have been on and off.

2 weeks after that he got out of the marine Corp and the plan was for him and I to move to TX but since we weren't doing so well, we figured it would be best for him to move to TX and I will stay in CA since I have a job here. I didn't want him driving that distance by himself so I decided to take a couple days off work and go with him. Everything was fine and we didn't argue or anything on the way there. When we made it to TX, I had a weird feeling in my gut about him talking to other girls. I checked his phone and saw he had a number of this girl he tried to talk to before we got together and she lives in TX too. I confronted him about it and he just blew up and asked if I wanted him to buy me a ticket back to CA that day so I said that's fine. Then he said I wish you never came with me.

He drove me to the airport and the whole way there he didn't say anything to me. I got on the plane and headed back home. That night he txt'd me and said the biggest regret in his life was letting me get on the plane & he called me 5 times but I did not answer. I really love him but I don't know what to do.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Forget it lady, there were a lot of problems to begin with and it was very difficult to maintain this kind of a relationship, just let it go and move forward. It seemed like he has some really serious trust and jealousy issues to begin with. You had so many fights with him before and it's obviously none of those problems had been fully resolved and he's been keeping it to himself all bottled up about it or something.

Besides if the distance and location will be different across a great distance such as non-neighboring states then it would become much more difficult and put further strain on the relationship. Because everything changes in your individual lives from that point on.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you really want to make it work tell him you need ground rules that he has to earn back your trust and cut that girl off as it's disrespectful to you

What Guys Said 2

• 37.media.tumblr.com/.../...5rWB2V1r7b6cio1_500.gif

The relationship is starting to turn into a bad movie. I told myself to let a relationship go "on and off" because it stays like that most of the time. I think this break and moving away will help you recover from the now piss poor relationship and get back to just being you again. After a while you will better off and he will too probably.

• 4 years is a long time, but I think either the trust needs to be rebuilt by both of you so that talking to the other gender is not a problem and you have faith that the other will not cheat. Otherwise if nothing changes this relationship may be over for good

• Thank you

• You are welcome! I hope it all works out for the best no matter which way it goes 😋

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!