He wanted to take a break, but I haven't heard from him in three weeks?

My boyfriend wanted to take a break. We were only together for 3 1/2 months, but he had a lot of personal stuff going on. He was crying while telling me all of the stuff going on in his life. I agreed, begrudgingly, to go on a break. We were great together. We were really happy, and he called me every single night up until this break. We have all the same values and enjoy the same things. We never fought. He even said a couple days before the break that he had no doubts about us. Then BAM he just flips a switch. Now it's been three weeks, and I haven't heard from him. Should I just see this break for what it's worth and call it a break up? I have absolutely no plans of ever contacting him. The only contact we have had has been him looking at my stories on snapchat. I refuse to contact him and ask him since he was the jerk who wanted the break. Should I just cut my losses? I was falling in love. We were so right for each other, but I don't know if I can be with someone (if that's even an option) who could not talk to me for three weeks.

02

What Guys Said 2

• Well if you do not have any intention of contacting him first and he has not said or done anything new for three whole weeks then it may be time to cut losses and move on as much as it sucks. I understand taking some personal time, but having zero contact with your significant other for three weeks is inexcusable

• Thank you for your advice! I agree! It is a terrible thing to do to someone. Something I would never do to anyone, nonetheless someone I was in a relationship with. I guess I should just move on.

• That's probably for the best and quite awful I do agree. I would never do that either

• Breaks indicate a lock of commitment. This is typical. Your relationship is over...

• Okay, thank you. Why not just break up with me? He even asked me to not give up on him too quickly. How dumb!

What Girls Said 0