Best advice on how to get over a break up that you didn't want to happen?

Just split up with my girlfreind that I was with for 2 and a half years. Been through break ups before but because of the circumstance they had to happen where as this one is because she doesn't want it. I did want it, it's all I wanted since it started. I know times a healer but can anyone advice on what steps are best to take? Drinking doesn't help just gets me emotional and angry.

20
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 2

• The more you fight the fact that your relationship ended, the worse you will feel.

The more you resist the breakup, the harder it will be to heal and move on.

If you learn how to accept a breakup with serenity and grace, you will heal faster. You will gain emotional strength and health, and you will be happy. Living in a state of acceptance and surrender will fill you with the power you need to create the life of your dreams.

Below are my tips on how to accept a breakup. But, it’s important to remember that what helped me accept breakups I didn’t want may not work for you.

Your job is to find the beliefs, thoughts and activities that helped you accept difficult situations in the past, put those things into practice.

One of the worst things you can do to yourself is not grieve your loss. There’s a difference between obsessing about your ex and grieving the end of your relationship. Obsession is about hanging on to the past; grief is about processing what happened and moving into your future.

It is a huge blow to be have to accept a breakup you didn’t want. You may feel rejected, crushed, and disappointed. It’s awful to discover your partner didn’t love you the way you loved him.

Rejection is painful, and betrayal is devastating. It’s important to go through the grieving process as part of accepting a breakup you didn’t want but it’s also important to help yourself move forward.

Wishing you the best of luck.

• Thank you this is great, honestly! It's made me think of things differently.

• Hey, try not to be too hard on yourself. I just ended a 2/half year relationship with my boyfriend. We "broke" up many times before but this time I couldn't emotionally handle it. Now he has gone and I feel like shit. I want him back but I know time will tell. So hope is still there and if you really want her in your life, tell her how you feel. Don't pressure her but if she seems open to talking about it, approach her with your honest true feelings for her. That's all us girls want to hear in the end is how much you love us from time to time.

• I've tried all that and she just says the feelings have gone so I don't think there's much hope for us to get back together. I don't even know if I'd want her back now I feel like she's just lied to me about how's she's felt for the last few months. Feels like everytime she said she loved me she was lying.

What Guys Said 0