Help getting over feelings for an ex?

I broke up with my LD boyfriend about 7 weeks ago. Long story short, We had known each other online for a few years, and had been dating for about 6 months. We had our fair share of fights at first, but then he suddenly changed and was very sweet and kind. It was at that point that I considered myself 'in love'. Anyways, about 2 weeks prior to the breakup, he changed all of the sudden. He seemed distant and uncaring. When I asked what was wrong, he got all mad and admitted to not giving a shit anymore. I figured it was time for a breakup after 2 weeks of that, so I ended it.

We had very different views on some important things, and I respected that, but I feel that they would've gotten in the way. That and he couldn't get over his ex who he's known for 10 years now. I don't think it would've worked out, and I can't handle his short temper and extreme immaturity on certain matters. Not to mention that everything was a double standard with him.

We've decided to remain friends. We text a few times a week. I can tell that he still genuinely cares for me, and I care for him, but I for some reason can't shake off all of the romantic feelings I had for him. I miss the sweeter side of him that loved me. I realize that's not his true nature, but I'm struggling to get over my feelings. Sometimes I even feel the urge to flirt. Suggestions please!

20
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• If I were you, I'd just do what I did with MY old online relationship. Block him from everything and don't text him EVER again... no matter how much you want to... HE WILL NOT EVER APPRECIATE YOU or care for you as much as you do about him!!! Find someone else. =)

• I understand that you are not happy about how he is and you need time to just let it get out of your system. Go out and have fun, have hope that you will find a new guy who is better for you and isn't living in the past