How long do you usually take to get over a break up?

How long do you usually take to get over the depressing feeling after breaking up with your boy/girlfriend or people you used to date?

• Within a day
  • Within a week
  • Within a month
    Vote C
  • Several months
    Vote D
  • Over a year
    Vote E
  • Forever
    Vote F
  • "Brick up"? What's that?
    Vote G
Select a gender to cast your vote:

44

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on how long you were with the person. I've read that it can take half the length of the relationship or more.

Most Helpful Guy

• Only had one breakup, it took me about a year and a half to get over it

• and this is an honest thing to say. i am impressed that a guy can admit that. good luck !

What Girls Said 3

• A few months, but I'll be depressed about being single until I find someone else.

• A couple months for my last relationship. Was really in love, but we weren't right for each other so I got over it pretty quickly.

• However long it takes me to find someone else

What Guys Said 3

• It has always been a week or less, except on my last one, which was 2 weeks.

• based on my past break up... I still miss her but not like I used to miss her in the first month... its been 3 months for me and I am so over it

• Forever