Is he rebounding? Please help?

He got with her less than a month after me, he told me two weeks ago how much he misses me and wants me in his life, a week ago he told me he needs some time now and will be back. Now he's with her. I contacted him upset (I'm not crazy I swear - we were close for 3 years it's hard to adjust) and he told me how much I sucked and all the things I did wrong and how great she is, they've already met each other's parents within a week, told me all the details about what they get up to in their 'free time', how much I sucked in bed and how he's already bought her all this 'bedroom' stuff. He's doing things with her within a week that took us months to build up to like being together, intimacy, meeting family, that kind of stuff takes time. And he's just jumped into it all. And then spoke to me about our relationship and politely to each other about where we went wrong and all of the miscommunication. And then he went right back to trying to make me jealous. We were best friends for two years but he was in love with me during those times, but we started dating after those 2 years for 9 months. We were sort of acting like a couple for nearly two years however. I was shy in the first two months of it because I wasn't used to feeling that way about him and it felt so surreal. He put a lot of effort into those months and no matter what I said he thought I wasn't interested. We continued for another 7 months and I wasn't shy and truly showed him I loved him every single day. He keeps saying he refuses to see it. And he's already moved on. I'm truly heartbroken from it as he was my best friend and he's going so far out of his way to hurt me, we planned a future together for three years and it hurts that he's no longer in it forever, is it a rebound?

Do guys come back after a rebound? I did it once until I realised after three months I didn't even like the guy I was rebounding with, missed my ex and ended up back with him. I don't want him back but I want that closure...

41

Most Helpful Guy

• You sound like you just legitimately sucked as a girlfriend. No disrespect but this happened with me and my ex of 8 years, i found someone else and realised what a piece of shit she treated me like and how much better other people treated me.

• I tried so hard though. We spent so long being close and always being good to each other. It was literally just two months I was a little shy during the transition stages, I explained to him I wasn't used to this as I had been in abusive relationships so to please be patient with me because I don't want to rush right into things, we had been close for 2 years and I didn't see why everything about a relationship had to be thrown into the first month. It was probably less than two months and then after that we were fine, I just wanted to take the relationship slow and not need to rush things with my best friend. I put my absolute everything into it when we got more serious, for eight months I put everything into us and tried so hard and he just used those months against me just because I didn't want to rush something real :/ it just sucks. I really did try, he just completely unappreciated what I did for him. Sorry for the paragraph

• Strong vent, yeah it sucks but why should you care so much? If he tossed you so easily to smash another chick, he's not worth a passing thought. Honestly need to get over it in the most non dickhead way.

Most Helpful Girl

• He does sound like he's rebounding. But don't consider taking this douche back. He obviously doesn't care about your feelings or "love" you, he's with his new girl now , and even if she is a rebound , don't go waiting for him to come crawling back. I've made that mistake before and I was one of my poorest choices. I know its hard but quit keeping contact with him, unfollow and block him on social media , and move on the way he moved on. that's the best way to get back at ex's like that

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• Yeh it sounds like a rebound as if he truly liked her he wouldn't be discussing personal things with you

• Rebound for sure. Stop communicating with him and make him miss what he had.

• Dude you dated for 9 months... Move on

• We also were best friends for three years and taking our emotions slowly for a year so no thanks on judging how I should and shouldn't feel.

• Are you the lower or higher end of your 18-24 age bracket?

• Middle of it. I'm not usually the type to care when it's ended but when somebody has meant something to me for so long it just hurts, he told me he was in love with me for years and spent a long time chasing me. It just hurts