Saying "I care about you" to an EX?

Have u ever said this to an ex and meant it? Why would you feel the need to say it... you want them in your life still or just to string them along?

79

Most Helpful Guy

• I still have sincere feelings for a few of my ex's. I would take one of them back if she lived closer than 1,200 miles from me now.

Sometimes we find someone that is so right for us and for whatever reason it did not work. I told my ex after our divorce I still loved her. She said she still loved me. We both got a good laugh from it as we also both realized this feeling is something we can not control and, regardless of it, we can never be a couple again.

Love is an amazing mystery to me. It has shaped who I am. How ironic is that! lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and we're back together and stronger than ever

• You said it to him? Did u break up with him? for how long?

• He broke up with me. We weren't together for 4 months. But I guess my persistence paid off. Now we're getting a place together, moving in, planning a wedding :)

• Oh wow! Good for you guys :) I broke up with mine... he said " I know I'm not the best at communication... But I care about you" it was in regards to me getting a check up on some pain I was having. Maybe he just being nice?

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 8

• I have exes I do care about--most of them actually. Just because I care about them or love them, does not mean I care about them in a relationship way. Usually, it is not a good idea to keep exes in your life, there is really no good reason. 'Being Nice" is not a reason. Human nature finds comfort in familarity and our instincts draw us back to relationships to 'reproduce' if that makes sense--which is why it is better to avoid confusion and keep your distance.

• If you say "I still care about you" to an Ex, it is probably because you do. Love is love, and if it is true love, it never fades completely. Shockingly horrific criminals are in jail all over the world, but still have loving, caring spouses, siblings, parents and friends who still think of them the same was as before they were thrown in jail. One bad act,, or even a whole series of bad acts does not necessarily change the conditions under which you cared for the individual. Love, romantic love, especially, seems to linger despite events which may end the romantic relationship (even multiple events).
    Sincerely,
    Stafford "Doc" Williamson

• Yeah of course its a comment thats a cliche but you dont just stop caring about someone just cos the romantic flame has gone especially if you have have a long term relationship

• Yeah I blew it out... Lol

• yours? DM if you prefer

• No I don't keep in touch with exes.

• Yes,,,, many many years ago...

• I still care about most of my exes, but I'd never date any of them again.

• Yeah I would go and get a glass of water from toilet and let them drink, so they can calm down.

• he cares about you as a person

What Girls Said 6

• Yes I've said it, and he's said it to me, but he's said only as a friend. That's not something I buy, because I can tell it's more. Let's hope persistence really is key

• If I ever, for whatever reason, said that to an ex, I would mean it in a 100% platonic way. I could never say something like that if I still had romantic feelings. That would be way too embarrassing. And it would probably have to mean that we were better as friends than actual boyfriend/girlfriend, otherwise I don't really see it happening or why it would be a relevant thing to say.
    But, everyone's different. Some might mean it in a romantic way too. Others might lie about it in order to make you rethink the breakup, or perhaps to make you feel guilty depending on the circumstances.

• I haven't said it , but I think some people like to end on amicable terms. They want their ex to know there's no hard feelings and they do care about them. Even though they don't want to be with them. If they end things on good terms , It can help them both move on from each other.

• NEVER because that person doesn't deserve it >:(

• I don't care but then I secretly do. But I wouldn't tell him because.. He's not worth it especially it took me about 2 years to get over him and expect him to come back to me like everything is ok? No. No. He don't get to do that.

• Maybe if I had an ex that I didn't want to set on fire.