Do guys ever regret leaving? Or hurting the girl after years of loving each other?

I was really close friends with him for two years, we were both in relationships for the first year so nothing was ever mentioned between us. We always had this funny flirty friendship and we had the biggest connection imaginable, we could talk for about 17 hours a day only stopping when we were sleeping. We also helped each other, when we both went through break ups or were having a bad time. And we changed each other just by being around each other, he made me less shy and more confident and I made him more motivated for life, he never thought about his future beforehand and because I run a business it made him think more, now he's chasing his dreams. After a year and a half of friendship he told me that he's been in love with me since day one and had always wanted me in his future. We dated for nine months and by the end of it we had known each other for three years. For some reason communication didn't happen at the start of the relationship and it built to a break up.

After so many years of being the most important people in each other's lives and loving each other as friends and lovers he didn't care any more. I can't even explain how incredible we were and I know I sound dumb but it hurts. He told me not to contact him any more and I'm blocked off of all social media, he got with somebody else a week after me and tried to make me jealous and then began name calling and trying to hurt me. Making fun of me to being kind and having a laugh with me and talking about our relationship before shouting again. He was horrible and I reciprocated. The guy I knew for three years didn't exist any more and I don't know why, I had shown him so much love and care. I fought so much for him.

Do they ever regret it in the end? Especially if you changed each other's lives for the better and had such a history of talking every day? Will he ever miss me? Is it a rebound? I know I sound dumb I just need answers to help me move on.

Most Helpful Guy

• 3 billion guys or something on this earth you really think none do?

• I know it isn't as easy for you as for me telling you to do, but I think you should try to forget him even if he loved or kinda likes/liked you he doesn't seem to care about your feelings (anymore). But if he regrets it and starts developing feelings for you (again) it is up to you to decide if you want to give him another chance... Anyway of course not even macho show-offs guys like me can really love a girl just like anyone else can, so don't lose hope in men that's ridiculous. Good luck.

• Thank you! I want him to come back just so I can say no, it's petty I know. But we were best friends and he went from wanting nothing to his life to wanting to do more and actually building a career because I helped motivate him to /: we changed each other and I was really there for him so it kind of sucks

What Guys Said 8

• I was with my ex for over ten years. I regret it all right, I regret that thing just didn't work out in the end, and I regret not trying to fix things sooner. I regret hanging on for years thinking I was being a good boyfriend when she was quite content to not put any effort in on her end.

• It happens yeah, but not always, not to all guys

• Didn't read anything but title cause too long...

Yes I feel shit but like a year later. And usually send an apology text like "Hey, soz for being an asshole, I did warn you but I am sorry."

• Hell to the yes. Even years after.

• Honestly, no. My life is better without them.

• Yes but you'll never hear about it cause lots of guys hide those emotions

• No..

• Anyone I've broken up with, looking back, I just wish i'd dumped them sooner.

What Girls Said 2

• Sometimes, a person could be "the one that got away" and the other person has regret for mistreating that person or not being open when true feelings were there. I know someone who is "the one that got away" to a few guys. I, myself, think I might possibly end up being that to someone I'm in a situation with right now.

• Only in rom com movies do they care