Can no contact help a girl realize her feelings for me?

Can no contact help a girl realize her feelings for me? So this girl (im now friends with) clearly liked me at the beginning, she asked me out once saying "this is nice, me and you, maybe something could work if we put aside our differences". At that time i wasn't into her for some reason so we became really close friends over the years. I've noticed over time that she says things that indicate she still does like me, even when we argue, it feels more like a couple in a relationship arguing rather than 2 friends, (would constantly think im ignoring her and get bitter at me if i didn't check in on her from time to time etc) Another time she asked "what am i to you?", maybe expecting a different response than "my friend". So its gotten to the stage where apparently feelings have reversed. Im all of a sudden head over heels for her. But despite all the indications that she does still feel something for me, she has various times said that she doesn't see me as anything more than a friend. Im upset over this and have decided to end the friendship after I explained why and what she means to me, as hard as it was, and she is just as upset asking why we can't stay friends. Im doing this to help myself get over her, but given the circumstances could no contact cause her to reevaluate her feelings for me again or would she just forget me?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• It's possible.. but not likely. She'll think more on the line of, I liked him he rejected me, and I remainder here for him, ... and now that things have changed and the shoes on a different foot he just want to bail.. you said you guys became really close, smh poor girl. You don't care about her at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• You've done almost everything right. but where you messed up is by telling her that you don't want to be friends. Thats going to eat at you a hell of a lot more than her. Your gong to have to get over her, whether you like it or not. And once you do, women always have an act for coming back at the wrong time. Im not saying post fake stuff on Facebook with other girls but you truly have to move on. Except that you look like an idiot for not getting her and soon shell relized she's an idiot for not getting you back.

What Girls Said 2

• The " no contact "rule is an immature approach. It's a manipulative tactic and mind game. I can't be bothered with mind games.

If a guy intentionally ignores me, he's just teaching me how to live without him. So grandually my feelings fade and I find it easier to move on from him.

Communication strengthens relationships. Silence causes distance

• I'm not sure. It's more of a psychological trick to me. Why not just deal with how things are I mean I know it's hard... I do.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know -- doesn't sound so positive to me. Missing someone as a friend doesn't necessarily translate to wanting that person in a sexual/romantic way. You can't barter friendship for romance. The only exception I could think is if she was attracted to you in that way all along.

Only way I've known to get out of the friend compartment is to put some sexual moves on a girl, quite aggressively, and try to change her mind about you. It has only worked for me on one occasion.