Is it a deal breaker if someone is divorced?

Let's say you met a really nice guy or girl that you see potential with. But they told you on the second date that they married young and divorced within a year. Is that something that would be a deal breaker for you?

I've always thought that it would be for me, but now I'm questioning it. I don't know. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that should be a deal-breaker if there aren't any children. It's just another previous relationship. Everyone has them. Children complicate things, and in that case you should be cautious. Not completely opposed, but cautious and thoughtful.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not a deal breaker for me. Just because the relationship didn't work with someone else doesn't mean it won't work with me 😌 Also, since they were young when married, chances are they haven't settled down financially and matured yet.

What Guys Said 14

• It's only a deal breaker if she has a kid.

• For any man foolish enough to want to get married, consider that if it's both partners' first marriage, the chance of divorce is over 50%.

If ONE of them is on their second marriage, that jumps to about 80%.

If either is on their third, it's around 90%.

Since I won't get married again, IDGAF about if a bitch has already got a divorce under her belt. We won't be living together, I won't be putting a ring on it, so what's it matter? It doesn't, plain and simple.

• No, why should it be? Would you have a problem with someone who'd been in a long term (but not married) relationship for ten years and then broke up?

• A relationship is an agreement between two people in love.
    Marriage is a legal contract with the government. It takes a court of law and usually lawyers to end it.

There really is no difference in ending a relationship and a divorce. The result of the relationship is the same.

The big difference in the two is the financial mess it creates.

A divorced person should be treated the same as any person who has been in a relationship that ended.

Think about it...

• During an era when about 50 per cent of marriages end in divorce, excluding everyone who has been divorced shrinks the pool of potential partners down to a fairly small pond.

• it is for me. she should marry another divorced person.

• I can only answer for myself... I'm divorced , although , I can still use her as good reference if a new girl wanted to ask her about me !!! One of the more luckier ones I guess !!!

• depends on your culture.. some countries its a huge deal and others not so much

• It's not a deal breaker, Just don't get married to him in under a year.
    And don't sell yourself short, there are hundreds and hundreds of unique and fun people everywhere.
    Remain your own.

• Totally depends on how the divorce ended and if kids are involved. Kids are a deal breaker, divorce can be but isn't always.

• I've never faced this

• nah, i would say its a dealbreaker if they are still married.

• its not. whats so bad about that

• No its not although I would always question in my mind why that didn't work out whether you tell me or not

What Girls Said 13

• At my age, that's not a deal breaker, but it's rare. I would still be open for a relationship if the ex was not in the picture.

• Depends why they divorced.

• Nah. It's in the past.

• Not for me.
    People sometimes marry the wrong person. That is okay, everyone makes mistakes.

• I hope not.

• I'd try and understand if they caused the divorce and if they've grown. But I'd still date him, if he sounds like a good un

• I don't think so, I'd hope they learned from that experience

• No way, Ofcourse not

• not in my book. things happen.

• Kind of? Yes?

• Not at all I have a friend like that

• Only if he has a kid

• Yes it is a deal breaker for me