How to get this person off my MIND?

There is literally almost nothing I can do without some memory of this person coming into my mind. Like I'm happy for 2.5seconds then I realize I'm thinking about them again and get upset with myself. by the way this person is my ex and we broke up 3-4 weeks ago.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• If you still care for this person that's normal. Just keep busy doing things and with other people (and not activities you used to do with your ex). It will take a bit of time but it will happen. It's the normal process of moving on.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's normal and natural that you are going to think of your ex. It's very soon after your breakup. It's going to take time to make it easier to get your mind off him. It's too fresh in your mind for you to just distract yourself. This is all part of the breakup process. The only think you can do is to try and distract yourself by filling your day up with things and to not give yourself time to sit and dwell on the past. There are many things you can do. Workout, go visit friends, go for a walk, go to a movie, watch series..

What Guys Said 1

• Smoke some crack that works haha jk. Find someone new, get hypnotized, get drunk, fuck a stanger, go eat your favorite foods, work overtime, take a vacation, message a cute guy or something

What Girls Said 2

• It takes time for memories to fade. You may never forget certain memories, but in time they'll fade in the sense that you won't think about them as often, but when you do... you'll eventually be able to smile about the good times , instead of feeling so hurt

All you can do for now is keep active and everytime you find you are thinking about him, focus your attention and mind elsewhere

Most people think about what could have been and what used to be. That just makes it more difficult to move on. Once you accept in your heart that it's over , he'll not mean as much to you

• To take my mind off of someone or something I like to surround myself with positive/uplifting people or just get out of the house a lot.