How do you know a relationship is finally over?

When is it time to stop trying and leave a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• When nothing changes and the bad outweighs the good

Most Helpful Girl

• When you feel you're the only one putting in effort and the effort that you do put it in unappreciated, when you tell them your wants, desires and needs and they're either ignored and or never met. Relationships are tricky however we all learn that each other aren't mind readers therefor when we actually say what bothers us, what we want etc and it's ignored we feel inferior.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• When you can pay your own rent and realize that you really, really want to.

What Girls Said 5

• It's not the same for everybody, but you can just 'sense' that it is. You feel no connection whatsoever. Where things was once fun, now its worse, competitive in the wrong way and at times can turn violent in nature. You can't have friendly debates, and its to the point where your emotions get in the way of logical thinking. You no longer feel close, but that other person no longer wants to be close to you even more. They separate themselves. Its a divorce. See a lot of people think that's only in marriage, but the true meaning of a divorce is the separating of what was once together. You no longer feel whole, you feel like half of yourself or in literal pieces. If nobody is seeking change or further commitment, it's over. It doesn't all the time have to be verbal. It can be done by the actions of another person.

• When the bad outweighs the good and when you find yourself focusing on the way things used to be, not how they are currently. I just broke up with my on again off again boyfriend for the last 7 years. The relationship became too unhappy, too draining. Emotionally, I couldn't take it anymore. I knew I had to end things, otherwise the unhealthy style of our relationship would continue

• when you feel a sense of relief when you think about being single again. And when you feel unhappy every day in that relationship.

• for me, it ends when i can no longer envision them in my long-term future.

• When start pushing you away and ignoring your phone calls