How to let myself cry?

My boyfriend and I recently broke things off after finding out he was talking to other girls while dating me. It hurt a lot. It still does honestly, but I haven't cried. I feel all the emotion just stuck inside of me, and I can't seem to get them out. I don't know how to let myself cry. I know it's there, it just won't come out, which makes things even harder for me (knowing I'm walking around bottling all of this emotion). What should I do?

I did it.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• I really don't know man lol I haven't cried since I was a child. Maybe you could talk to a counselor or something but I think you are sort of over hyping this in your head in which you think you need to cry to feel better.

I mean personally, I deal with my emotions much differently and try to tackle them head on. A lot of people say I'm too insensitive because of that. There are studies that show that crying is emotionally healthy at times as a way to release an overwhelming amount of emotion but that being said it sounds like you're forcing your body TO cry which you shouldn't be.

If you cry then you cry.. just let it be natural dude. You should be focusing your attention and efforts on how to better yourself and get yourself and get out of this emotional wreckage. Go buy some clothes.. go get some good dick.. go do something productive dude. Get the fuck off gag if you are depressed because it will make your more depressed. People are this website are pessimistic and cringe as fuck.. literally the last enviroment someone that is depressed needs.

• I can certainly empathize with you but you need to realize that this is just the way it is now. Most people have feelings for multiple people at any given time.

A British study found that over 50% of married British women have some degree of feelings for someone other than their husbands. It is called emotional cheating.

Moreover, when I was 21 I made out with a girl who told me she had feelings for me, but only after admitted to me that she had a boyfriend. When I asked her what it felt like being a cheater, she denied being a cheater because I was never "inside" her. This however was still cheating and I felt really bad for her boyfriend.

The point that I am trying to make is that as you age you will realize that your idea of a relationship simply isn't realistic in 2016.

I don't mean to be insensitive of course, but in the long run you will be much happier when you accept this.

Hope I could help!

• Cry? Lady, I've never had any woman love me in all 26 years of my life. Why are you going to cry when you at least had someone, when some of us, myself, aren't as lucky?

• Watch Batman V Superman... that made me cry (Childhood ruined) :v
    Kidding... kidding...
    People have their ways of dealing with Break ups and loss... this is yours I guess?

• Just do it

• Don't try to cry. Cry when tear comes out. You are a strong girl.

• Play Life is Strange that game made me cry even being happy

• Maybe you can't cry because you realise how stupid it is to think that just because a guy is dating you, he is never going to talk, that is TALK, that is USE WORDS with another girl.

You insecure sack of controlling sadness.

• He was flirting with other girls and started to get feelings for ALL of them. I asked a question and you didn't answer.

You insensitive sad excuse for a human being.

What Girls Said 2

• Watch sad videos

• Watch a sappy love movie