My girlfriend hit me for kissing another girl?

We're both 22 years old and dated for 2 years. A few days ago, I kissed another girl and regret it a lot. I then told my girlfriend about this. It got bad when my girlfriend slapped me after I told her. She cried and yelled at me for being unfaithful. I kept apologizing to her. She dumped me.

I think she went overboard by hitting and leaving me. She also started crying a lot.

How do I get her back and was she right to slap me?

Most Helpful Girl

• I choked an ex for kissing my best friend so I think you should consider yourself lucky you only got slapped. I dumped him as well and I never took him back. He later f**ked another "friend" and knocked her up while still trying to win me back. Cheating is so disrespectful and I never forgave any guy who cheated on me.

• Do you care to explain why you think it's okay to physically assault someone just because they were unfaithful to you?

• Murder is also illegal surprisingly
      I didn't dislike your comment lol but i have no problem telling you how idiotic you sound
      if he sexually assaulted you then you should have taken care of it then and there, but i just think you are making shit up, which being as it is online, is not a shocker.

• Not making anything up. I think every person has the right to defend themselves as they deem necessary. If I don't want someone to kiss me I will stop them as I see fit. You may not agree and that's your opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• K, first of all I'd like to be the ONLY person here to actually say it was cool for you to tell her this. That takes balls to do. Instead of one of her friends telling her and going behind her back about it. So I'll give you props for that.
    Now that's out of the way, like what the hell? You kissed another girl while you had a girlfriend? Dude, be committed and loyal to your girlfriend. You pretty much deserve everything she did to you. Slap and all.
    However, what was the context? you didn't provide many details. Was it just a small *mwah* kind of kiss or was it just... tasting her tongue and all?

Any way it really was you have A LOT of explaining to do. Yeah, she might have acted out of instinct by slapping you and dumping you. However, it doesn't hurt to hang back maybe 3 days. Let the boiling of tempers simmer down and then leaving her a MESSAGE. Facebook, email, text, whatever. The reason why I say message is because this way you can just tell her like what it is without her interrupting you or putting her 'on the spot' and maybe act out of instinct again. Just tell her what your intentions were by kissing the other girl, it was a giant mistake, explain why you did it, and it's something you won't do again. MOST IMPORTANTLY explain to her why you told her. This is basically you're only chance of telling her that you honestly cared about her too much to go behind her back about it, your conscious was eating at you, and you wanted to be up front with her. (I'm a bit curious to know why too)
    If you're lucky and she understands you (hoping 2 years of dating her didn't go down the drain) she'll give you another chance.

Best of luck to ya!

What Girls Said 4

What Guys Said 8

• a slap isn't assault.
    there are very few instances where one partner slapping another is warranted. Congrats, you discovered one.
    No, finding out that the person you had been with for 2 years betrayed you and slapping them for it is not going overboard.

And neither is breaking up with you. Even if it was just a kiss, you cheated.

• You're a terrible person, and deserve to be dumped. I do agree, however, that slapping you was too much.

You would've had your ass thrown in prison if the roles were reversed.

• Lol you deserved it bruh. Can't be fucking around with sloots when you are committed to a girl. Choose to slay or choose to be in a relationship. You can't have both.

• Shocker bro. Perhaps in the future you should not mess around with other girls while in a relationship.

• You are a decent guy, she was out of order to hit you. Why do women think it is ok to hit men when they wrong them but create merry hell when it is the other way round. This is the double standards again.

• You did it, you regret it and you told her the truth. You did the right thing. Just don't do it again cheating is the worst.

• violence is never the answer but two wrongs don't make a right, she is clearly upset so I'd try to offer her emotional support if she wishes

• She had no right to hit you but you deserved to be dumped.