Is it bad to write a letter to your girlfriend saying that you want to split up?

We have been having more downs than ups and it just doesn't feel right

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel that a letter not only shows that you put a lot of thought into it, but it is also a really good way of expressing your feelings, and especially for saying things that are hard to say face to face, yet need to be said.
    When my ex and I were having problems, I wrote him a lengthy letter of the issues I had and what needed to be done to fix them. I was there when I gave it to him and told him to read the entire thing. I think it's good to at least give it to her in person, but you can give her a little bit of time to herself to read it. Good luck, and I'm sorry you have to go through this! Breaking up is hard, especially when you're the one doing it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really. You can split up any way you want.

What Girls Said 3

• No it's not bad to write a letter to break up if you are in a position where you can't talk to her in person. But it's wise to just tell her face to face yourself so that it is made clear. You have to leave your feelings out of it, otherwise it might erupt into an argument.

• at least say it to her face

• Dump her..

• That's what I need help with because there is no time where I could speak to her alone

• I have the letter ready so I don't really know how to handle it tho

• You know what. I want you to tell her personally. Face to face. It will sting but it'd be better than a letter.

What Guys Said 1

• You should never write a note to break up. If you can't tell the person face to face in person, you don't write a note.