Boyfriend broke up with me to sleep around?

Help :( my boyfriend whom I give a lot of freedom to, eg he hangs out with friends, goes camping, spends the night at his mates' to play video games etc, I don't get angry or upset, I accept him for that and when we do meet we have the best time. He broke up with me because he was angry that I was holding him back from sleeping around cos he feels like that is the type of person he wants to be and I can't change that. He's already seen prostitutes twice in our relationship and I forgave him cos all men have urges (once during his holidays another one during our fight) so it was understandable. However it upsets me cos I've done everything right it's just he feels he needs to sleep around.
So can someone explain this whole thing?
doesn't make sense!

1211

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard and easy to explain, it might be hard for you to hear, I don't know.

Your boyfriend feels like sleeping around and you got to be loyal in a relationship, so that's why he broke it off. Because he can't commit.
    You might feel hurt, but yeah he's a..."slut". See him as a lesson :/

Most Helpful Girl

• I did this because you allowed him to do it. You set no boundaries and you allowed stereotype issues that men have needs get to you. You knew he slept with prostitutes, you should have put your foot down. That's number 1. Number 2, if all he wants to do is sleep around. Then sayonara to him. He knows your too easy and can easily take advantaged of you because your naive. I'm just being honest here. Technically he can do whatever he wants, it's not illegal and he isn't your husband. It makes a a while lot of sense, because that's exactly what you did, you let him get his way without fighting for it and for you to be respected. So naturally he isn't going to feel the need to respect you. Either way, it sounds like to me, he doesn't want a relationship period and it isn't just with you. Let him go. If you had a sexual relationship with him, don't jump into one again the way you did. I can't stop you from having sex, but everything has it's consequences when you chose premarital sex. Anything he gave you, wither it's clothes, pictures, movies, games, jewelry, technology, etc, throw them out! Every picture taken with you two, get rid of them, social media images and all. Get rid of it. You need to do this to move on.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 10

• He had been playing you and lying to you from the beginning. There was NEVER any loyalty to you from him. He only used you for his own conveniences and to his own personal benefit.

But it's already too late, let him do his own thing, time for you to heal emotionally and when you feel you are ready. Cut off all contact with him, change numbers, phone if you need to, disconnect from him from social media, etc.

If he wants to sleep around good luck, maybe he might just catch some horrible STD like AIDS or knock up some girl, or some girl might just accuse him of rape hehehehe MUWHAHAHWAHWAHHAHAHA!!!

Hey, what goes around comes around. It will all catch up to him.

You're boyfriend really should had been straight up honest that he wanted either an open relationship or to become "friends with benefits" in the very beginning of the relationship, seriously terrible communication or rather miscommunication he has here. I mean if that's what he did clearly state from the beginning that's who he is and what he wanted then it would have been on you to decide if you're ok with it or if you're NOT ok with it.

Again, shit happened. It's in the past now. Just let it go because you can't change the past as it already has happened. You can only keep going forward and moving forward.

• sorry, but you forgave him cuz you think all men have urges to sleep with prostitutes and you think you've done everything right?
    let me tell you about real men... real man will make you feel like a queen in his heart and he won't let anyone else sitting in your seat (not even prostitutes or his friends).
    real man will put you at a higher level than others and you'll be at the top of his priorities list.

be happy cuz that person wasn't a real man... he was just a kid.

• He wants to sleep with many women. Nothing you can do about that, except force him to hide his sleeping around.

If you're up for an open relationship, go that way. If you're against it, dump him and find somebody with similar view on relationships.

• You didn't do everything right. You gave too much freedom. But anyway his departure is just something you have to accept and move on with.

• Lmaoo you side chick zoned for life and you're ok with it, you prolly not gonna listen to these replies anywau OP. If you dont wanna be side chick, don't have a sidr chick mentality lol

• There is much wisdom in this response ^^

• Not gonna waste my time debating with you. Have some respect for yourself and others.

• I don't respect any fuking one but myself and my mother lol I dont respect who don't "deserve" it or those who I don't care abiut so and no you won't debate with me because you know whatever you say here doesn't effect shit you'd forgive him pretty EASY actually lol

• That is the whole point of relationship right ! To not sleep around.
    I think he has just lost his way, either he's gonna horribly regret his decision, or end up with an std.

• There is no excuse to cheat even in hard times.
    Don't be so forgiving... better you lost him.

• What is your question exactly?

• At least he broke up with you and didn't do it behind your back, that would of been worse.

• That's true, I am grateful he was honest with me about it :)

• Yeah it shows he respected you enough to do that.

• Go fuck like 5 people he knows. He'll hate his life after that

• Not going to bother with revenge and sleep around making myself a slut like him hahaha :)

What Girls Said 11

• Am I the only one who thinks seeing prostitutes when you're in a relationship isn't "understandable" or did we all skim over that?

There's nothing you could have done or can currently do, the guy's a horn dog and doesn't want a monogamous relationship. You're better off without him, he sounds like a hack.

• Well we can conclude that you're quite stupid (I couldn't find a replacement.. sorry ) that you're okay with him sleeping with prostitutes.. and you should thank him that he broke this thing off cuz probably he felt sorry for you did what you should've done..

• It wasn't okay. I just put up with it cos I loved him so much and he's Christian and said he would change. Whatever he's a douchebag and I deserve better

• You should've left him long ago.. religion doesn't make anyone better when they don't want to.. all guys are not like that... you shouldn't have wasted your time.. but whatever it's done now.. don't think about him.. maybe celebrate a little 😄

• Well you should go celebrate. You certainly dodged a bullet there. There isn't really much of an explanation besides the fact that some guys just aren't ready for relationships. They feel as though they're missing out on something. Usually later on down the line they realize that they may have had the right girl for them but most times it's too late.

• He goes to prostitutes because "Men have urges"? What the actual PHUCK?
    Hopefully I'm satisfy my bf's urges. are you not?
    It just sounds like you two aren't a good match.

• If He wants to sleep around, dump him and he can be free permanently. What kind of a boyfriend is that anyway? You need to find someone who's worth your time. by the way he won't change even if you give him all the permission in the world to sleep around... he's obviously someone you shouldn't see yourself with.

• At least he had the decency to break up. I'm glad you got out of there.
    Explanation: He wants sex with no strings attached

• First of all you deserve better than that it's probably best it's over, I mean would you rather he stayed with you and slept around behind your back or that he was upfront and honest with you that he wanted to sleep around.

• That man doesn't deserve you one bit. You will get over him, and you will find someone better. Sorry.

• He's not Christian if he slept with prostitutes

• Well you deserve better anyways if that way the reason sorry

• see it as a blessing in disguise