Would you rather be the one who ends a relationship first?

Or your SO to end it first. ?

Most Helpful Guy

• i would want to end. I dont want to be the one dumped. And im not a pussy, i will say it

Most Helpful Girl

• I was always the dumper and now I am married and in it forever but if I was dating now I'd want to be the dumpee... I'd want to walk away knowing I gave it my all that way when the regrets come... they always do... they won't be coming for me. The person who ends it experiences the doubt and the realization that maybe things could have worked but I, the dumpee, mourn and move on. I like that. With age that just makes more sense.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 8

• Depends on the situation. In one relationship, every time I suggested we split up the woman said she'd quit doing what she was doing that bothered me so much. Her changes always only lasted a day or two, and there was always so much clinginess afterwards and THAT added to my frustration. I was so glad when she found someone else! It gave me my life back. So she more less ended it with me, but dang I was glad! LOL...

In another case, the woman was verbally and emotionally abusive whenever she perceived that whatever her needs were at the moment weren't going to be met. (Can't mature adults delay gratification for a bit?) I had to end that as I wasn't going to be abused.

So I think it goes both ways. Usually it is good in the long run.

• If the relationship isn't working, it has to end. Doesn't matter who does it.

• I think from the point of view that if you end it, you probably weren't as into it as other person was so logically it would hurt more for other person.

• Doesn't matter.

• it's a two persons thing so both should have a talk and agree together and end it peacefully !

• if i end it, they think they are. i don't want to be stalked, i want to be left alone.

• My SO

• i'll end it from now on

What Girls Said 10

• Honestly I'm not sure, Its never fair either way, a relationship only works if two people want so to be the one who wants it to work and my partner just not wanting it to would be really hurtful, and I know what it feels like so I don't know if I'd want someone to feel that helpless.

• It doesn't matter who does it. It isn't a race. If somebody has to be first, there's no doubt they have to be first in everything. That is a controlling person. Just end it, and be done with it already.

• I prefer it to be mutual, but most of the time, It tends to be me being the one who initiate the break-up. I've had 4 serious relationships and 3 of them ended by me, one by my ex.

• Well if I end it first there's got to be a reason behind it so prefer if I did

• I'd rather be the dumpee. I had to be the dumper once and it was definitely one of the hardest things I've ever done, I don't wanna hurt someone's feelings like that ever again.

• My SO... I'm not good at making decisions so I feel like I'd always wonder if I made the right decision

• I think I'd rather end it but it still hurts like hell.

• I'd rather be the one.

• I rather end it. I rather hurt the other party than be hurt.

• Do you have a child with them? Or animal or do you live together?