Should I apologize to my ex boyfriend for acting like this?

So my ex dumped me on Saturday over text. He said he doesn't have time for me anymore and it would be better if we're just friends. I called him after I got the message. And I was crying and asking him to not break up with me. But he told me that he already made up his mind and said he was sorry. So later that night I texted him and asked him how he could tell me that he loves me and have me meet his whole family then just dump me like that. He told me again that he doesn't have time and doesn't want a girlfriend right now. So then we talked for a little bit more. Then I told him I'd stop asking him so many questions and he told me it was fine. Then yesterday I texted him again ( I know I shouldn't have). I told him I wanted to talk in person he said alright but he couldn't that day cause he was busy. So then I got mad cause I thought he was lying about being busy. Then he asked what I wanted to talk about. I said I had more questions and it wasn't fair that all of this happened over the phone. He said he doesn't feel like talking about it and said if we talk it'll make everything harder for me. Then I told him that all the times he told me he loved me were bullshit and said that he clearly doesn't care about me. And told him that i was trying to fix this because I still really care about him but now I'm done trying. Then he said that there's no point in trying and he's sorry cause he doesn't want a girlfriend anymore. And now I'm really embarrassed for acting like that but I couldn't help it cause I'm really hurt. He made it seem like we were going to last for a long time after having me meet his whole family on the 4th. I feel really bad for accusing him of lying when he said he loved me cause he wasn't. I really want him back but i know he's not coming back after that. So should I apologize or just leave it? I don't wanna seem crazier than I already do to him.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl don't apologize to him. The way he handled that was messy and like a child. And of he really felt that way then there was no point of bringing you around the family. Let yourself be sad but don't contact him again. He's toxic.

What Guys Said 2

• Okay, you need closure, so do that on your terms, but not with the intent of getting answers as that will disappoint you - you won't get the answers you seek. Send a message that you are confused by his approach, but have accepted it. If you really feel you need to, apologise for how you may have come across, but you were understandably taken aback by how he went about this. Tell him that you are over him (and mean it), good bye and sign off.
    When you send the message, block the number afterwards. Move on and forget him and carry on to the next adventure life has for you...

• Haha, women having a hard time with relationships. You girls are just objects and that is all you ever will be. Bitch

What Girls Said 4

• No. Don’t be sorry like a Beyonce` song. Hold your head with pride and screw him with his cowardly break up. The way he handled himself was so tacky and cowardly. Don’t beg for his affection, attention, and reconsideration. It’s only going to spread your puncture wound every time he declines your invitation into your heart. Stop lying to yourself about being able to be friends with someone whom you wanted so much more from because it’s basically a demotion from his personal life with less benefits and perks than you had before.

Don’t apologize. Had he not been so unclear, tacky, and such a poor communicator then your mind wouldn’t have drifted off and wondered. Leave it and leave him. Delete and block him from all places, pick up the pieces, and move forward with your life while you still have your youth to enjoy.

• Leave it and don't contact him. You've already made your point with him. He knows you're hurting but if he doesn't want to be with you, there's nothing you can do about it.

Yeah, it really sucks, I know.

• Leave it. He doesn't deserve an apology from you.

• Just leave it. Walk away. Don't text or call or any kind of contact. When and if he's ready he'll reach out to you. Dwelling on it isn't going to help you get to where you need to get to.