How do you let go of someone?

he's not good he's got too much money with too much time on his hands. he's always drunk. How do i let go of the good parts of him because im becoming more and more unhappy. i dont want to feel like an asshole and be sad and cry for months. I just accepted that he's never going to change and i would be happier alone but i hate to think how il be balling my eyes out. I can't take that emotional break up shit again. I want to feel like i won and i didn't loose everything.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes there's good reasons, if someone makes you unhappy through some behavior then really it should be up to them to know what they're doing, if they still choose to do it knowing it's causing a problem then it's not like you have to make a difficult choice coz they've made it for you. You've got to square it with yourself that what you're really sad about is that it's a shame your partner couldn't fulfill their potential as a person and you can't be with them.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to remember why you broke up with him. When I went through a bad breakup, I made a list of reasons I needed to stay away. You know how long it turned out to be without me trying? Three pages. My point is, someday your heart will understand that you couldn't ever be truly happy with him. There will always be good things to vouch for, but it's important to not forget about the bad things when you think of him.

It will be tough, but the sooner you start to face the pain head on, the better off you'll be and the sooner you are to being happy again. Keep a few loved ones close by to help you with this and to remind you why you need to stay away. Good luck.

What Guys Said 4

• You're crying over breaking up with a selfish drunk?

• Just do it.

• Oh, how I hate that dumb attitude in women.

• I don't let go someone I love

What Girls Said 1

• It takes time to heal, and crying and pain helps you learn a lot bc it will guide u to never feel that again. Don't be scared bc it's life