Can having sex with someone who's not over their ex make them realize it's time to move on?

If yes, how so?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was rebounding from an ex and brokenhearted, sleeping with other girls just made me miss my ex more. I compared every girl to my ex and was disappointed by qualities that didn't match.

Maybe everyone is different here, but sleeping with women in my case didn't help me at all. I got over my ex by filling up my calendar with things I was excited about and forgetting about falling in love for a while.

• I had sex with this guy who I've liked for a little while, who claimed to have feelings for me as well. I'm the only girl he's been with since her. After we'd had sex, he was talking about her, and then he became distant soon after. He stopped talking to me, but I noticed that recently he's deleted his ex on Facebook. Do you think it's possible I might have a chance with him once he sorts out his feelings?

• So even though he's most likely compared me to her, it's possible he hasn't ruled me out?

• I'd say so. Might take some time and patience on your part though, and you'd need to be pretty understanding. I wouldn't wish it on a girl, but perhaps a guy can come to fall for you who still has feelings for another as those feelings fade away.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you're just acting as a rebound and a temporary distraction.

What Guys Said 2

• This really depends on each person. No way you can just find this out by asking it online.

• it really depends of how you are and how the person you want is feeling i guess

• I had sex with this guy who I've liked for a little while, who claimed to have feelings for me as well, but said he couldn't have a relationship right now (but that he may be able to in the future). Instead of saying he wasn't over his ex, however, he gave other reasons... but I think it has to do with her. I'm the only girl he's been with since her. After we'd had sex, he was talking about her, and then he became distant soon after. I questioned it, and he got mad and stopped talking to me, but I noticed that recently he's deleted his ex on Facebook. Do you think it's possible I might have a chance with him once he sorts out his feelings?

• i had the same experince with this girl... and im in love with her now. guess what? now she's dating ANOTHER one.
      never be a second choice, girl. If he's ready he will come back, but the question is... do you really wanna someone who's looking for someone else while your back is turned?
      IM SURE AS HELL I DONT WANT IT... anymore.

What Girls Said 1

• the best way to get over someone is to get underneath someone else :P