When you break up with someone do you think its best to delete them from all social media platforms?

• HELL YEAH, F (SCREW) K HIM/HER
  • No, let them watch you shine!
Select a gender to cast your vote:

2022

Most Helpful Guy

• Yaaaaap, bye bitch.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. You have to remove everything out of your life concerning them. Videos, photos, clothes, jewelry, cards, letters, emails, messages, phone Numbers, address, technology, EVERYTHING NEEDS TO GO ASAP. DELETE ALL digital material concerning them, block the number and then delete it. If you hold those stuff while your re covering or in a relationship. It means that you have not moved on, and you can't. Everything else will go naturally. But do not return to an ex. EVER unless your asking for more heartache. Hope this helps. And another thing, this is a general and basic rule.

What Guys Said 21

• I voted B so I could get to this area.

There is a woman from Canada who is still sending me emails and FB IMs and I sent her back to her home country over a year ago!

Even tho I am all done with her I will not block her. We shared hundreds of days of our lives together and it did not work out. To block her would only hurt her. I chose to not read her IMs (FB date and time stamps this and they can see it) or reply to them. She is finally understanding I will not reply to her messages.

When you part I hope you still have consideration for the other. You used to be a couple. You shared unique things in the human experience. Both need to learn to let go in their own way, not ours. In the end love is all that really matters. Even if you can't stand them it is best to find a way to love them as a person.

• I don't understand people who say that you are more of an adult if you remain friends as if they are somehow more better than everyone else. Why cling to a friendship that can't go any further than an ex?
    I say leave and live your life, not cling to something that once was.

• If you do not have a child with your ex, what valid reason is there to maintain contact?

• A, ALWAYS COMPLETELY DISCONNECT FROM THEM OR DISCONNECT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

I learned that from a few friends of mines that had bad breakups.

• Just because you delete them doesn't mean they delete you and stop watching you. So deleting them would be a win win.

• This is why I am not active on social media platforms where privacy is an all-or-nothing proposition, like Instagram. If we're connected on Facebook, I might add her to an "Acquaintance" privacy group. That way, I'll continue to follow her but she won't see much of me!

• Last two times I did precisely that. I even deleted all pictures of each other.

• I love how only women care about social media in relationships. It makes it so easy to troll them after a break up.

• Hell yess. No contact works best sis

• Doesn't matter to me.

• I don't even think it matters.

• eh i dont know what to do really. im not using facebook anymore for this girl and well... id like to let her watch me shine but on the other hand i would basically delete her if i could. fact is - i DONT WANT IT

• Of course

• Let them cry over you and then without words, you're saying to them, "IN YOUR FACE!!!"

• I let them see how much fun I'm having without them

• What reason is there to stay in contact?

• I like option B.

• be strange again and keep going don't over react

• Delete/block them?
    Only if it ended terribly, or you're just really immature.

• I deleted all my social media so I wouldn't know😂😂😂😂😂

• It's the best way forward. Although, I still kept some music because I like those songs lol.. It was hard at first but now it's cool.

What Girls Said 19

• If you break up on bad terms, don't think the two of you will be able to remain civil with each other or think that it'll hurt to much to see their activity, then sure. If you're able to behave like adults and it won't hurt you, then I don't see why you'd need to.

• If they have invaded your camp/family as a lover then told lies, stabbed you in the back... they WILL do this again if they suffered no consequences prior. Blocking them is your only immediate Great Wall of China.

• It depends on the breakup. If it was amicable and both of you are still friends, then I think it's alright to still have each other on social media.
    However, if you both are not even on friendly terms anymore, then I think it'd be best to delete them from all social media. I'd also delete all pics, messages, and anything else of/from them. This is so that I'm able to move on.

• okay... maybe... just delete it and permantly get your ass offline.

• Probably best to delete so you're not tempted

• i think so. out of sight, out of mind.

• I don't care either way 💁🏻

• I've always had friendly breakups, like we're not friends after but we don't hate each other, we even talk if it happens to randomly meet somewhere.
    But if they did something really bad to me then I'd get rid of him, I wouldn't care that much to show him how good my life would be without him. I think that's just childish.

• It's better if you delete them. That way you aren't tempted to stalk their pages and become upset and crying in a corner seeing them enjoying their lives without you. 😐

• I do. I pretty much eliminate them from my life.

• When my ex broke up with me, a few weeks later I unfollowed and unfriended him on everything. This was in March and he still follows me on everything and every once and a while likes a picture. His roommates still like all of my pictures. Very odd.

• Its best to delete them off your social media. Either way they will and can still see how you're doing as long as you dont block them, and make your profile public.

• Delete them, and do NOT go on their page. Get on with your life and be the best you.

• Okay, so dont rub your success with others in their face... but don't discard them... you never burn a bridge. Its better to have another friend, rather than another enemy...

• This literally just happened to me last week! Me ex messaged me before he deleted me saying that he was sorry but couldn't take it because he missed me. I appreciated his honesty.

From my experience the person who is broken up with is more hurt and tends to do the deleting/blocking. If I break up with someone, I will only delete them if they seem to be unable to move on by commenting and liking a lot.

• I wouldn't delete them if they delete me then they can it wouldn't bother me.

• I've kept exes in my social media and I although I showed my exes how hot I got or how wanted I am, my mind still revolved around them subconsciously. Wondering what he/she would think if I did this or that and whether it will make yo

• Your life more inconvenient. In the end, if you do want to keep them, you have to know if it's worth it. If you decide to keep them, make sure you don't care for real or else you will get caught up checking social media every 10 seconds just to see if he noticed

• A big yes to that.

• Generally yeah. Not always. Depends on prior relationship