Should I contact ex who dumped me, 1 month NC?

Should I contact ex who dumped me, 1 month NC? This is the longest I have ever gone without speaking to him in 6 years. I am shocked he hasn't contacted me in over a month. Deep down I would love for him to fight for me. I never wanted to break up, he got a job and suddenly I was no longer a priority, when I questioned him and tried to communicate, he said this isn't working anymore. I was shocked he said this to me and blew up at him and said I don't want to be with you anyway, said insulting things to him, told him I was glad with the decision in the spur of the moment. I miss him now more than ever. I don't know if it is just stubbornness or because he couldn't be bothered, and he actually doesn't care. I wonder why he just opted out, we were planning on moving in together in the near future. I have done some research on how to text an ex after NC. Some say just to casually say "how are you doing?", others say to interest the person an saying"hey, you'll never guess what" then bring up something that will rejog their memory. I am bitter that he just left me and I don't know he deserves any of this, I am extremely hesitant as I don't want to come across as desperate, he did initiate the breakup. I don't have fbook but through my sisters I could see the photo of me and him together was his profile picture up until today, it gave me a reassurance that he still loved me, now he has no picture at all. It is freaking me out, I don't want him to forget about me. Will I ever find out the truth? How would I find out why? should just keep going with NC as painful and brutal as it is? or reach out to him?

30

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I am sharing your pain - trust me.
    Been with my guy for five years and his job was suddenly his priority and said he lost feelings for me. I tried contacting him after the break up as a stalker for two weeks and got nothing back. I went round there and he looked really depressed u could say, kept banging on about how he is better alone. His job was recently at risk of redundancy which changed his personality, he just kept fighting with me for a few weeks before. He didn't get made redundant in the end someone else did but it mean he will be away more. He said he lost all feelings for me. Everyone is saying they think he is depressed. I said before I left that he didn't deserve me and I wish I never met him which I felt bad about ever since. I emailed two days later apologising and said I would leave him alone. Left him alone for three weeks and heard nothing. Told him on a long text last week my feelings still cos he has insecurities. Got no reply.
    Yesterday should have been our anniversary. I am so heartbroken 💔. I have to move on now, I haven't got a choice. I know I have tried though.
    I don't think it's about you looking pathetic, I think you should try because at least then u can say u did with no regrets. Don't play games just be honest. If he doesn't want to know then u have no regrets.
    I regret saying I wish I never met him and not leaving it on a good note but I don't regret pretty much begging. I didn't wanna not try xx

• No, you should not contact an ex who left you. I'm sorry girl but HE LEFT YOU. He stepped out of your life and that's something you really need to come to terms with so that you can move forward with life and enjoy all the other things and people your life has to offer you. No offense, but it also may look a bit pathetic if you essentially go crawling back to him or seeking him. You never want to make yourself look like an abandoned puppy lingering around on a man's doorstep. :/ It's bad for your dignity, self-esteem, and can make things eternally awkward if he opens the door briefly then closes it moments later.

NC is meant to be a tool to truly help you move on. Are you using it as that or more so as a means to make him miss you?

• The relationship is over. Move on.