Did I do wrong to my boyfriend?

Yesterday we broke up. He said that I say "no" to everything (which is not true, I say yes to the most of the things he wants if they aren't against my beliefs) and that he wants a girl that isn't thinking like me and is more open-minded. After we broke up he offered to stay friends. I said that this sounds like a joke and ended the conversation. Tonight he send me a message saying: (I"m just gonna put this like a chat)

He: What's up? (I didn't reply)
He: I guess we can't be friends too.
Me: Of course not, I told you this the other night and I'm not gonna say it over and over again.
He: I thought that if we are friends we wouldn't fight that much.
Me: I don't think we fight. You are just selfish and this is a big problem. You don't respect other people and especially me.
He: Tell me what kind of man you want me exactly to be and I will try. But you also have to change few things. And we can try again for this relationship if you want, do you?
Me: I know you can't change. Also the things you want me to change are too important. And I don't think our relationship can be "fixed", I don't believe you really love me.
He: Okay, as you wish, good night.
Me: Good night.

Now I feel a little bit bad because when I was texting him I was like totally angry and said things I didn't really mean. I wanted to get back together but the night before he told me that he wants a girl that isn't thinking like me and is more open-minded. This stopped me. And now I don't know did I do wrong or am I right?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• You two aren't meant for each other. Its best you broke up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well he can't change you but the both of you can compromise. If you want to be with him again send him a text message "I'm sorry I spoke like that with you yesterday. I was very upset and emotionally, I was being hostile and I didn't mean to. I'd like to give us another try and see if we can work together to make our relationship better"

What Guys Said 3

• No you didn't do wrong neither of you did. It's clear that this is another example of a relationship gone sour standard for people in 20s it's part of growing up I suppose

• Remember, no definitely means no...

• You 2 are too different that is the problem. Move on.

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly, if you're with someone where they want things to change with you and vice versa, you aren't meant for each other. He met you as the person you are and accepted that at the beginning. Why should you ever change that now. And now he's completely playing head games with you. I would leave his sorry ass. He'll regret it.

• Nope he needs a kiss.