Why are you single?

Serious answers!
im single because I was cheated on and I want to stay single for a while to focus on myself and heal.

2934

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not single BUT I remember why I was single since the first time I broke up and before..
    I didn't have a real boyfriend until I was 17 because I was really reserved with guys and didn't really draw the kind of attention I wanted.
    The first time I broke up it was because I was unhappy at how fast I was moving sexually.
    The second time it was because that guy was not a good person for me and I didn't like him anymore.
    The other times it was a hot mess-break up, get back together, break up, get back together. And then a final break up because I knew we were never going to work and it would always be toxic.
    All the times I was single-I never looked for another boyfriend. If I ever got single again I will NOT be so passive on the dating scene-I won't look for a match, but I will not be exclusive to anyone until I'm sure I really feel a spark.

What Guys Said 33

• I am single because bitter experience has taught me to not trust women, as a collective; and because there is too much pain inside my heart for me to be open to anyone.
    When one particular woman used and betrayed me, I went through a level of pain that was so great that a strong subconscious association has been formed between women and unbearable pain.
    Women make moves on me a lot and sometimes they straight out hit on me. When that happens, I freeze, a bit like when my iMac has the spinning wheel of death. The operating system freezes and that is it.
    Another reason is the appalling legal liability to which men expose themselves if they have any form of involvement with women.
    1. Ask a woman on a date = possible sexual harassment complaint.
    2. Go on a date = possible false rape allegation, whether or not anything sexual happened.
    3. Have consensual sex = possible false rape allegation the next day, week, month, year, or whatever, if she changes her mind and withdraws consent retrospectively.
    4. Cohabit with or marry a female = 50 per cent probability that she will use the Family Court to steal everything that the man owns and then the Child Support Agency to impose a child-support order that will transform him into her impoverished slave for the rest of his life. In some jurisdictions, he may also be subject to a spousal-support order. If he is unable or unwilling to pay, the court will send men with guns to put him in chains and drag him to the modern version of debtors' prison, where he may well stay for the rest of his life.
    Involvement with women could be compared with playing Russian roulette with a revolver that had only two chambers.
    Unbearable pain and unacceptable legal risks are the reasons that I am single.

• Can a woman still take your resources in a relationship longer than 7 years, known as a de facto relationship? I think it's wrong that us men dont have any safety net, insurance or protection over our own resources. It's a feminist sexual strategy to control men which needs to be stopped, I dunno why men let this happen and not demonstrate or petition against it

• @Afrochick you got something say?

• Dick too big. Might kill someone.

• I'm single because feminism has killed the nice guy

• true. now its treat her mean keep her keen.

• @Naughtygirlishere Even though women now have equality they still expect men to lead and take charge :) :)... I want a woman to sweep me off my feet for change lol Okay well lets talk in messages.. and i'll give you a hand.

• Oh no no no!
      This bitch takes charge all the time but
      Right now I'm in pain and lazy as fuck lol

• I'm single because I'm fat, ugly, misogynistic, and incentiveless.

• I'm 19 and struggling hard. No use dating someone when I can't even pay my phone bill without having it set me back two weeks. Work on myself first, get my apartment like I want, then I wish to date.

I'm old fashioned and prefer to pay for dates anyway. So I know that the day I can pay for rent is the day I can afford to date people.

• Because I haven't met my dream girl, and even if I did, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't act on it because I'm lazy as fuck.

• im too hard for the fucking radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHBfvmLwc-k

• I'm single because I'd rather play video games than listen to another woman''s story about her childhood.

• I don't know lol I guess just have to much going on at the moment.

• I'm having a lot of fun being single.

• I don't get out much.
    No one responds on my dating profiles.
    My desires are less than conventional.
    I'm submissive.
    Women just don't want to date me.

• I just don't have the time right now to give anyone my full undivided attention, if things work out I might start looking again the start of next year.

• I'm single because it's hard for me to say the right things to women and I don't know how to impress them.

And I only like white women, since minority women aren't attractive to me.

• I'm a single dad , so i will be staying single , understood this on taking custody of the children. Don't have a great need for people , prefer own company anyway.

• 1. because my ex break up with me 7 months ago.
    2. because I'm still waiting she to reach me out...
    3. because I can't find another girlfriend that will want to date me.

• Situation doesn't really come up that I meet a lot of girls even thought I do try but... I don't really mind to be single for now so..

• by choice

• I'm single because I'm searching for the right one!
    ahh side note... sorry you got hurt. I understand how that feels but life moves on. Happiness starts with you... heal well and find that special person who makes your smile wider. :)
    May the universe give you light

• We were about to have a title but she cheated and thought of nothing of it. So I'm staying single until I meet a loyal girl

• well, im single because... girls who likes me tend to be Young and crazy. and im not an asshole enough to give them what they want without being fucked up emotionally

• Because girls aren't usually interested in me.

• By choice... her's

• Because I missed my chance and I'm too nervous to ask girls out.

• I don't want to be in a relationship right now.

• I'm not emotionally available.

• shy asf
    social anxiety
    out of shape
    not going out much
    did mistakes in the past

• Because I feel like it.

• girls don't give me the time of day

• Single cause I just got out of a relationship.

• Because everytime im in a new relationship i get bored the next day

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 28

• I'm very independent and happy being single. I choose to be single until I meet the guy who makes me question why I ever thought I'd be happier on my own.

• I'm single because I'm not actively looking for someone, and I'm not looking for someone because i want to better myself first.

when i find more love within and for myself, it becomes easier to project it onto and invest that love into someone else.

• I'm single because my life is so much more fun without a boyfriend slowing me down lol I've been doing a lot of traveling and hosting events for work along with some projects I'm involved in that require a lot of dedicated focus. I'll have an event and it will literately be an all day event preparing for it so I don't really have time to be somebody's girlfriend. It's hard to find a guy who can keep up pace with me and my lifestyle.

• I've never found anyone I vibed with on a true level. I'm pretty guarded and if I really, really like someone, I don't want to have sex right away and ruin the momentum. It also takes time for me to feel comfortable with someone. I haven't found a guy who was willing to wait to get to know me before sleeping with me, either. I've been pressured like 2 weeks in to put out, and backed away. Of course, those guys were gone like the wind as soon as they heard "no." Sorry, it takes me longer. Anyway... they say that once it clicks, it clicks with a person. Not necessarily a spark, but a deep-seated ease. My friends who've found good love have assured me of that. I've decided to pour myself into school, the community, and friendships, and hope for the best.

• I don't want a relationship. I'm too selfish and there are too many good lookin dudes with good lookin dicks for me to fuck just one, forever. And always.

• open relationship? :P

• Where do you ask guys to see their dicks?

• CUZ I SAID SO!

• I'm having a hard time finding someone that I connect with. I think my standards may be too high and I also think people have underlying motives when they want to talk to me, based on past experiences from guys I didn't even make it to the relationship stage. I also think my energetic and loud personality may drive guys away.

• Cause nobody thinks I'm girlfriend material and frankly I don't give a fuck anymore. I'm enough for myself and that's what counts.

• Because I have terrible luck in that department, so I've decided to say fuck it, leave it alone, and focus on myself and my education (which is for the best in the long run anyway, I'm starting to realize)

• Because, why not?

• Unfortunately.

• I'm taking my time putting myself back on the market after dumping someone. Trying to heal mentally before I go back out there.

• Fuck if I know, I'd date me. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Nah but there was this guy I really liked, but our relationship was complicated. We don't talk anymore but I still have a hard time being into someone that isn't him. That's probably why. ๐Ÿ™„

• I don't personally believe monogamy is natural
    +
    value my 24/7/365 freedom
    +
    am easily bored with people
    +
    HATE being told what to do unless it involves making $$$$

• Because I don't relies people like me till it's too late. And also I'm not really looking to date anybody.

• I'm single because I can't find the right guy I want and I'm not sure I know what I want.

• I don't know because I haven't found someone I want to be in a relationship with yet

• Because I hate relationship drama
    -_______-

• Because you haven't decided to get in the shower with me yet lol.

• Cause I don't feel like being in a relationship.

• I don't do the bf/gf gf/gf thing

• I'm single because I'm ugly (srs)

• Because I'm ugly โ•ฎ(โ•ฏโ–ฝโ•ฐ)โ•ญ

• Guys aren't interested lol.

• I don't see the point of a relationship right now

• i'm too shy.

• It better not be because guys think I'm unattractive.

• I'm single because I have standards that I will not lower for anybody.

• I'm single because I'm picky, but also because 98% of guys are assholes.

• Without those so called assholes the whole species would die out...

• @Mrwoo99 Lmao yeah but I mean I'm not going to settle for anyone, he has to be respectful towards me. Looks don't matter as much to me anymore.

• Because im not ready to be in a relationship