Why does he always bring her up 😔?

He is my ex and we were together for a few months and then he broke up with me. I didn't want to be friends but he kept contacting me. But anyways he brings up his ex fiance a few times a month. He was with her for 7 years and then they broke up and she is now with someone else and has children.

Ever since I've known him he's always brought her up here and there. How she hurt him, then saying how he fell in love with her, and he had a dream about her recently, And a lot more stuff. I think I know a lot more about her then I should.

i asked him if he's still not over her and he said he is but I don't think so.

Most Helpful Guy

• He's only using you as a rebound person, even if unintentionally. I would have to agree that he is deeply attached emotionally for his ex girlfriend. The long term of 7 years explains why he's so deeply attached and have trouble of ever letting go completely as he consistently show signs that he is having huge difficulties of moving on. I mean if he knows that his ex fiance had already married someone else and started a family then he's just going to have to face that reality and let it go completely because there's absolutely nothing he can do to change what is reality and has happened and whatever it was that he had with her is just that, that it was over and that they were not meant to be.

It's time to cut him off to save yourself from hearing more about him moping and sulking about how he lost his ex fiance. I mean if he broke up with you in the first place that more or less proves and verifies that he really was never fully over his ex fiance.

Drop and stop all contact from him from any possibility that he can contact you with and move on, because it would only become an unhealthy relationship if you were to take him back and stay with him. It really is better to start completely fresh all over again at this point. It's also better let him sort us his issues and not involve you in them.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he was really over her he wouldn't bring her up all the time. I mean 7 years is a long time to be with someone, but seeing as she's with someone else and has children, obviously she's moved on and so should he. You can't start a new chapter in life if you keep rereading the last one

What Guys Said 2

• I really love how your there for him though you two broke up. He still needs time to heal but it can get annoying that he keep mentioning the situation. The thing is to turn off your brain when talking to him about her. Or cut him short. But I really admire your peacefulness. Also he hadn't moved on. Trust me.

• I think he is still not over her, he hasn't moved on completely.

What Girls Said 4

• Well clearly he isn't. But why would it matter when your broken up?

• Yup he hasn't moved on completely...

• I agree, and also they've been broken up for over 6 or 7 years now. I just can't take it anymore I think I'm going to stop talking to him.

• Obviously it's important to talk about your past in the initial stages of a relationship, but it shouldn't be a topic that is talked about constantly... that's not healthy for any relationship.

When you move on from the past you're supposed to look to the future with you new SO , not dwell on negative things from a past relationship.

• No, he's definitely not over her