Anyone have any good ideas on how to get better after a breakup?

Anyone have any good ideas on how to get better after a breakup? I am having a rough day today. I just had a nice cry session. I want to be over this and not think about my ex anymore... I know it is over for good. Over 100%. Anyone have any solutions. I just want to erase my memories. I don't even know why I'm feeling sad all of a sudden. What's wrong with me?

Most Helpful Girl

• The best thing to do is surround yourself with people who make you happy. Go out clubbing with friends or do one of your favourite hobbies! When I split with my ex I just stook with my family and did things round the house that took my mind off things. And what helped me the most is just having drinks with my best friend and talking about how I felt and having a good cry with her because she knew exactly what to say and cheered me up so much and just put things into perspective for me. After that I realised that life goes on and there was no point being strung up and upset about it because I was going to miss all of the amazing moments in my life if I did. Honestly your family and best friends are the cure and it will get better in time. Just be a strong and amazing woman and you'll find the right man soon but just live for a while and go on holidays and do stuff you've always wanted to do!

• Thanks that is good advice. I am surrounding myself with my family. I got lucky, and after I bought my house. I had a friend from grade school and who went to high school go and move in with me. I think if I was living by myself in an empty home I think I would be even more sad. I guess I just got really lucky. I guess I got lucky in a way, and unlucky in another. It's really like one door closes and another door opens, only this time I don't have my boyfriend anymore. It just sucks because it was his choice to end things and not mine. I wanted to work on things, and fix things. He did not. I'm 28. I don't look old, or anything either. People still ask me where I go to school, or if I'm finished with college still. I'm not ugly, or anything. I'm financially independent. I bought my own house with my own money. Most people can't say that they can do that at my age. My family is healthy. I work with my family and get to see them everyday. I really do have everything going for me.

• You meet people in life who hurt you, leave you and lov you but at the end of the day all of these people make you into the person your supposed to be! I know it's hard but it will get better and I'm not saying your going to wake up tomorrow and forget about everything but you'll meet somebody who is perfect for you when you least expect it :) you sound like a lovely good looking woman... anybody would be thrille to spend your life with you but you just need to find the right man

• Thanks. I ended up seeing my ex at a bar last Friday. It was weird. It was like we were strangers. I gotta get used to this weird land of being strangers again.

What Guys Said 3

• It's a normal reaction because you are suffering a loss from an emotional attachment.

Don't focus too much on it and dwell on it or you will allow the unhappiness to consume you. The loss of someone randomly happens and it is inevitable that it happens to everyone.

It has already happened and it's in the past now. What exactly happened? Who initiated the breakup? And why did your relationship end?

• My ex initiated it. We were engaged and going to be married sept 17. We were doing a house remodel, planning a wedding, going to precana, him getting confirmed, and his 23 year old cousin died in the mean time. We were also living together. I moved into his house. We had a fight after my cousins wedding. After the argument he started getting distant said things like "I don't know if we can spend the next 40 years together". during the next month I went on a few weekend trips to go see family. He said he couldn't go bc of his works busy time. He never called me or texted or checked up on me to see if I made it okay or anything. There were at least 3 weekends of no communication. My grandpa told me I should move out bc of the way he was acting towards me. I broke up with him, but I didn't want to break up. I wanted to fix and work on our problems. That was two months ago. In that two months I've bought my own home and I really like where I live. I just miss him and want him back.

• I also was upset with him, because he wasn't making any plans with me. He just became really busy, and I felt like I was no longer a priority to him. He hasn't contacted me in the two months either. My parents, and other people think it is really weird. No one thinks he cheated on me or anything. He did say he could not just flip a switch and change the way he feels.

• Sounds like the commitment is freaking him out

• well i find A LOT of ice cream helps...

• I've only had ice-cream one time since my split lol. I'm not a big icrecream person. I've actually lost 8 pounds... I was 122 now I'm 114 pounds. At least if I can't have my ex back, I'll try to look better than what did look like. The sad thing is I wasn't even trying to lose weight.

• your a girl, you can have just about any guy you want, so go find another better guy, and dry those tears.

• Thanks, that was really nice of you to say that. I do want a better guy. I am finding out that it is really easy to just find anyone, but the right guy is the hard part.

• I thought my ex fiancé was going to be that right guy.

• nope he was just a jerk, so next time you look for and date a guy, dont go for the jerks, learn from your mistakes, i always say.

What Girls Said 2

• Just do whatever you want to do and don't force yourself. I've been doing loads of tlc time and haven't made plans in a month as I want to refocus my goals first. But I have planned loads of stuff in August so I know that sitting around has an end date xx

• It's fine to cry because eventually you will run out of tears. Trust me. You will have good days and bad days but one day you will look bad and realise how far you have come down the healing process.

• Watch legally blonde and how to be single films 😊 👌

• haha that is great advice. I like how you said you were a destiny child survivor mode. It's great. I am living in my new house. I'm happy I got it. The only thing that is missing is my love life. Legally blonde is a pretty good movie. I guess I need to start researching best break up movies or something. At least having this house has brought me some new distractions.

• Go hangout with friends, working out helps with negative emotions. Watch Netflix, go do one of your favourite hobbies..,

• I'm going out tonight with a friend. I just got a really cute outfit. I feel like it makes me look like Taylor Swift. So maybe I'm hoping it'll be a good night to forget my ex.