My boyfriend LAUGHED at me when I tried t break up with him WTF , he thinks I'm bluffing. what causes this mindset?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well simple. Did you break up with him? No you probably didn't. Because we know the stupid tactics you use to try and get us to do what you want

• What do you mean. I want you to explain because you are onto something

• I'm saying you're threatening to break up with him because you want him to stop doing something you dont like.

• Yes how is it so obvious

Most Helpful Girl

• You've probably told him before that you'll break up with him. You shouldn't try to manipulate him into doing what you want like that. If you truly want to break up, then do it. If you don't, then you should actually sit and talk with him about what's bothering you instead of threatening him. It's you causing that mindset.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• Have you threatened it before and not gone through with it?
    Do you have few options outside of him?
    Do you rely on him for living (house/money etc)?

• Yes I have and didn't do it

• There ya go then. He knows you won't follow through, so he just calls your bluff. I assume you say it for attention and he's not giving it to you.

• Yeah he's a prick it's not fair I do honestly want to break up. I just care too much

• Well, for starters, you're still calling him your boyfriend, so...

• I don't know I don't know him could me several diff things.

• He's insecure and doesn't know how to react or you didn't seem all too seriously.

• Then breakup and teach him lesson or next time meet him with new B. f.

• could be hysterical. like, as in, he's so scared, it's causing laughter

What Girls Said 5

• maybe if u have broken up before... or talked about it before...
    he'll think ur just playing games...
    or he is just so arrogant that he thinks he is un-leaveable. lol

• He didn't believe you obviously. You have to make sure he knows you are serious. Rip it off like a bandaid!

• He clearly has reason to not take you seriously.

• just leave him and he'll realized you wasn't even being funny.

• Sometimes when people do that, then the relationship doesn't end. I don't know, it's some psychological thing like if they don't believe you, then they think you'll stay in the relationship.