Want to break-up with my girlfriend because I don't love her anymore and have really strong feelings someone else?

i have been going out with my girlfriend for just over a year, but 9 months ago i moved away to university. And since being at university i have met this girl who i see as my perfect girl. And really want to be with and i know that she has feelings towards me. But i don't want to hurt my girlfriend feelings because i know that she is in love with me, What should i do?

73

Most Helpful Girl

• Breakup. You can't avoid hurting someone's feelings. That's life, we all have to deal with that shit. The kindest thing to do is stop wasting both your times and just move on already. The sooner you end it the sooner she can start the healing process. Or are you just going to stick around and marry this woman because you are too afraid of hurting her/going out and pursing the life you want?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you can do a smart thing and tell ur girl that you can't deal with the long distance, and the fact that your in Uni without having the liberty of seeing girls. You don't necessarily have to tell her your seeing someone else cuz she might be heartbroken, but just say you want some liberty or freedom, and the distance is not working. Good luck man!

What Girls Said 6

• It's better for everyone involved to end it sooner rather than later. If seeing her in person isn't practical considering the distance, call her and tell her in a delicate way that you want to break up. It's going to hurt her, but heartbreak happens and she will move on with time.

• End things. No sense in leading her on.

• It's your life in the end, you're the one who has to live it. You can't stay in a relationship you're not happy in because in the end that's not fair to you or your girlfriend. You were lucky enough to find your perfect girl, don't let that slip. Good luck.

• You break up. Being with her out of pity is worse than breaking up.

• You should break up with her. If you continue to be with her, you'll be leading her on and probably upset the other girl that you like. And hurt yourself. It's not fair on anyone, but especially your girlfriend.

• End it now in a respectful way. It's better to do that than stay with her and end up cheating on her

What Guys Said 2

• Tell her you're upgrading, it is what it is.

• How'd you manage to impress her?