How do I get over him and why do I still feel this way?

I meet him online 4 years ago he lives in Ohio I live in Florida he flew me out to meet him. So I cheated I started to get skeptical if we were going to meet. So I told myself it's not cheating. I'm crazy in love with him and thoughts of him just make me so excited inside. When we met I tried to control my butterflies but I don't know how obvious it was. I was crazy about him when we first started talking I'm crazy about him 4 years later we never talk. :/ when I put to much detail no one responds. I need help what are things you do when you try to get over someone that makes you melt. I know he's never going to let me have him. If I saw him right now I'd probably run and hide because I feel like I'd get so excited I'd do something weird. I don't feel like I could verbally talk to him either.

Most Helpful Guy

• In my last breakup, the following worked for me; it could work for you too.

# Step 1
    The first thing I do is accepting I cannot switch off my feelings for her like a switch light.

# Step 2
    I feel the hurtful feelings of breaking up rather than diverting attention from them. It doesn't matter if it takes a day, week or month. Diverting focus from the hurtful feelings only decelerate the recovery process.

# Step 3
    I accept she is no longer with me, instead of nursing hope and fighting to win her back. This is the biggest mistake I made in my first breakup. It only heightens the pain and prolongs the recovery process.

# Step 4
    I focus on the good memories she brought to my life, and on things I would have loved to experience with her. This shifts my mind from hurtful to positive emotions. The mistake I made with my first breakup is I focused on her frailties to convince myself she wasn't beautiful enough. I was merely lying to myself because if she wasn't good enough I won't have been with her in the first place.

# Step 5
    I remove items (e. g. clothes, cosmetics, pictures, etc.) that I associate with her. I also block and delete all her phone number, email address and other forms of communication like whatsapp, etc., including the contacts of some of her friends.

# Step 6
    While carrying out the above five steps I engage quite a lot in activities, such as meditation, running, gym and strolling in the woods and park. I set important activities to do daily, and focus on completing them.

# Step 7
    I draw inspiration from my first breakup. I flash my mind back and challenge my behaviours and thoughts. My world didn't crumble. I dated beautiful girls after that. I then flash my mind back to current breakup. It then suddenly changes my perspective, confidence and mood. It's like telling myself I have been through this before, and came out stronger 6 to 12 months after the breakup.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• What actually happened? Why did you both stop talking?

• He broke up with me because I broke a promise then found out I cheated

• Yea that's the issue if I block him I know I won't be able to keep him blocked. And yes unfortunately I wish I never told that guy I was pregnant because it's annoying having to meet his family and having to keep in contact with him and them. And he doesn't help I wish I could go back and be selfish and keep her for just me. He lives in another state but I could cut that go off in a second. I really just need to get over him the guy this post was about not the guy I hooked up with

• Forget him by finding a decent guy who will treat you with love and respect.