How to get over heartbreak?

Break ups suck. I just found out this is true.
There's the obvious ways to get over it, Ice cream, best friend, social media and chick flicks. But these don't seem to be working for me.
Does anyone have some better suggestions?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think eating a bunch of junk food helps in the long run. Because most people start doing introspection after a break up and then they think how all they do is eat junk food so it really hurts their self esteem. Just spend time doing productive things. Practice your hobbies. Exercise if you like to exercise and yeah hang out with friends and family. And you don't have to try and pretend like you're not sad. Let the waves of emotion just come when they do. They'll eventually pass and then you get back to whatever it was that you were doing.

What Guys Said 4

• You're only 14. If it was the very first time it is normal as the first time is really just a learning process and experience and nothing really ever serious enough that will ever lead to a future happily ever after fairy tale type of fantasy result. How long was this relationship? A few months, a few years, about a year? Don't dwell on it, whatever has happened has happened and that is the reality of it, you can try and ignore it and reject it, but sooner or later you'll have to face it and tell any and all those crappy feelings and thoughts you have inside of you to all just shut the fuck up.

Watch some really funny shit on Youtube or something, or find comedies of really really silly and stupid people doing really stupid things to themselves and others. Yea, that might be a good start, you just have to stay busy and distract yourself and keep yourself distracted constantly from your current moods. I'm actually on here right now trying to keep myself really distracted as much as possible from something I'm currently really down and unhappy about that had happened the past 2 days ago.

• I think this will help:

www.thehopeline.com/.../

• i would suggest a feast with koala meat but that seems a waste have some fun with your friends

• Time is the only healer :(

I still are torn inside over my marriage break up

What Girls Said 2