Being friends after realizing it doesn't work out: Good or Bad idea?

After trying to be with someone for a long time, we decided to stop the psychical aspect of our relationship. He wants to remain friends and hang out. I don't want to. Am I in the wrong?
Am I throwing away a good friendship? Or am I doing the right thing?

I am possessive of him and have feelings for him still. He doesn't feel romantic feelings towards me and i do. Should I continue to be friends with him or stop speaking to him?

• Good
    Vote A
  • Bad
    Vote B
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Update
UpPDATE

0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• There is nothing about this set up that won't cause you grief and hardship. As you said your possessive , how will hanging out go over if some new girl starts hitting on him while you two are hanging out? This is why I have always been one to say when it's over just move on

0|0
    0|0
    • He said he wants to be like jerry and Elaine from Seinfeld. they were last lovers but remained friends. I told him I would love him no matter what or who he's with but it's starting to hit me hard that he will be with other girls. And I can't take it. Does this mean I don't value our friendship? Does it mean I don't truly love him if I choose not to talk to him just because we're not together?

• The fact is you have to do what's best for you here. You seem to be on the same page as me . You do still have feelings for him , but you know that seeing him with someone else is gonna hurt like hell. How can even a friendship survive if it feels that having this friendship is an endless hurt?

• Besides life isn't a tv show. It doesn't get any more real than this , fairy tails played out by grade school and all that's left is reality and it sometimes sux the sweat off a dead mans nadds

• Well, logically speaking you should stop talking to him. You yourself you don't want to be friends with him, so you shouldn't do anything you don't want to do.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!