Being friends after realizing it doesn't work out: Good or Bad idea?

After trying to be with someone for a long time, we decided to stop the psychical aspect of our relationship. He wants to remain friends and hang out. I don't want to. Am I in the wrong?
Am I throwing away a good friendship? Or am I doing the right thing?

I am possessive of him and have feelings for him still. He doesn't feel romantic feelings towards me and i do. Should I continue to be friends with him or stop speaking to him?

• Good
  • Bad
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Update
UpPDATE

02

What Guys Said 2

• There is nothing about this set up that won't cause you grief and hardship. As you said your possessive , how will hanging out go over if some new girl starts hitting on him while you two are hanging out? This is why I have always been one to say when it's over just move on

• He said he wants to be like jerry and Elaine from Seinfeld. they were last lovers but remained friends. I told him I would love him no matter what or who he's with but it's starting to hit me hard that he will be with other girls. And I can't take it. Does this mean I don't value our friendship? Does it mean I don't truly love him if I choose not to talk to him just because we're not together?

• The fact is you have to do what's best for you here. You seem to be on the same page as me . You do still have feelings for him , but you know that seeing him with someone else is gonna hurt like hell. How can even a friendship survive if it feels that having this friendship is an endless hurt?

• Besides life isn't a tv show. It doesn't get any more real than this , fairy tails played out by grade school and all that's left is reality and it sometimes sux the sweat off a dead mans nadds

• Well, logically speaking you should stop talking to him. You yourself you don't want to be friends with him, so you shouldn't do anything you don't want to do.

What Girls Said 0