Should I report my ex to the police?

Hey everyone! I'd really like to receive your opinion on this matter.

So my ex and I broke up 3 years ago (we both agreed to that decision). After the break, he wanted to keep having contact with me, and I agreed because I was scared of him. He had been in fights, and is a security guard with lots of muscles. He even has a picture framed of him holding a knife.
It was a big mistake, remaining contact, because half a year later, he wanted to see me again, so I went to his mothers house. I didn't want to have sex with him, but he somehow forced me into it. I felt really disgusting, but didn't report him to the police. I talked about this to my parents about... half a year later, because I was embarrassed and didn't want to think about it. He contacted me again 2 months later, but I said that I would stop talking to him due to what happened. I changed my number.

The thing is... after what happened he can't seem to get me out of his head. He still tries to contact me. At first it was about 5 months apart, but now it's more frequent. I received a message on Facebook that he wants to have contact, and asks me if I'm open to that. He also says he's sorry about what happened. I never replied.

He is now sending my family friend requests on Facebook and about 2 weeks ago, even called my parents' house, to ask if I was home. A week ago, I received a message through Skype, where he said he talked to my mother and that he demands talking to me, because he's "sorry". He says we don't need to dwell on the past and need to let things go.

I'm really uncomfortable with him trying to keep in touch, but don't know whether replying to him is the best thing to do. I mean, if he wants contact, and I reply, there he has his contact with me? I can't go on with my life, and I can't enjoy my relationship right now. Every time he contacts me, I am getting a panic attack. Luckily he doesn't know where I live, but I'm afraid he might come to my parents house.

What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Get a restraining order and protect yourself he sounds toxic. Don't waste your time here. And go do it. I better not see you on the news. Guy kills girls. Yeah it's that serious. Go to the cops now

• Thank you for your reply. I also have the feeling he is dangerous. Do you think that I have enough proof? I recently started collecting it. My mother knows about the phone call and I have these 2 messages.

• Your life is in danger. That's enough proof right there already

• Thanks. I'll make an appointment at the police station.

What Guys Said 2

• Time to get the courts involved

• report him

What Girls Said 2

• Get away far as possible. Tell your friends/family to not to him. If they need more reason to know why. Just them a short reason for it.

• My family is already informed not to talk or respond to him. They will call the police when he's knocking on the door. But I'll inform the cops.

• Yeah, I just don't know if I have enough proof but I'll definitely go to the police. Hopefully they can do something, because it's going on for too long.

• Thank you by the way :)

• Don't respond to him. If he starts showing up at your parents' house repeatedly, then your parents could call the police on him. And same thing goes for your house. Just keep him blocked on every social media you know and tell your parents (as well as yourself) not to answer if it's him.

• Thank you. I don't have him blocked right now, to collect more evidence for the police. My mother hung up the phone as soon as she heard that it was him. Do you think I should report him?

• Thank you for your reply :) I will not send him anything.

• No problem! Sounds good 😊