Is it bad to still be talking to my ex boyfriend?

We have been broken up for 3 weeks now. We both still love each other very much, but I knew that the relationship would not work out because of how much we biker and have fights with each other. I know he wasn't willing to break up, so it wasn't mutual at all.
Around the 2 week mark, we hadn't heard anything from each other, but I was going through something so I decided to call him drunk one night. And then the next morning he called me. A few days later, he texted and I knew I couldnt do it anymore so i told him I need space. Three days later, I reached out to him around midnight and we talked all night and he called agin in the morning. That was today.
Im on dating apps and he knows this. We both agree we are not going to get back together and we just like talking as friends. We even talk about people we are talking to and things like that.

Is it bad we still talk to each other?

• Yes
    89%(8)67%(10)Vote33%(2)
  • No
    11%(1)33%(5)Vote67%(4)

Most Helpful Girl

• it seems like neither any one of you know where you both stand, you're now between friends and lovers Zone which is a weird zone to be in, i know you neither of you want to lose the other but you have to talk less once per week for instance, because you're not together 'anymore' otherwise, you will seem to be still together. got my point?

Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• If he tells you that he wants to get back together, you are more inclined to break all contact, so he is telling you what you want to hear but secretly hoping that this leads to a reunion.

• sounds like you're kinda using him as a crutch til you find your next man... and giving him false hope since the desire is nearly all one-sided now. Kinda toying with his emotions a bit... but it takes two to tango and this (what you're doing) isn't uncommon... my exwife STILL (we've been apart almost a year and a half) calls me when she has a problem, and sometimes to get fucked... sometimes I'm okay with it, sometimes I'm not.

• Doesn't really sound like you two have broken up honestly

• We have though, he's talking to new people and I am talking to new people

• My point being if you really broke up with each other you wouldn't be in constant contact still like you two are

• Actually a good sign if you want him back

• Better to chat with random guy like me than to chat with your fresh ex. Lol

• yeah it is bad in a way

What Girls Said 1

• I really think if you aren't interested in continuing a relationship with him, you should make an effort to not talk to him and just focus on yourself. Being able to talk with him is like the comfortable blanket you refuse to throw out even though it smells and has holes in it. If you can't throw it out, put it in a box or drawer for 6 months to a year.