Am I crazy, or am I entitled to some temporary distance after a girl tells me she just wants to be friends?

Was talking to this girl, we made out a couple of times. She tells me she doesn't feel a spark and that we should just be friends, and I say that's fine, that's not your fault. I'm going to take a little time off to get over you and then we can be friends when I don't have any feelings for you. And she got SUPER mad, calling me selfish and misogynist and saying that I only saw her as a potential sexual encounter. I stuck by my decision, but seriously, I'm not crazy for wanting time to get over someone before being their friend, right?

For the record, I fully intended to be this girl's friend after I had some time to get over her, and I told her as much. Why the heck is she so mad about that?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• God I think what you did is completely mature in ALL ways and completely respectful. You didn't just disappear, you didn't play into the "friend zoned" crap, you didn't have a go at her. You got her decision, respected her honesty, and knew you needed to get over those feelings.

I think she was completely immature and rude and you probably got lucky here. But no, you were completely in the right here.

I can't even get why she's mad. Maybe she did want a friend zoned dude, someone she could string along and when you said you wanted to get over her, took it personally. I have NO idea.

What Girls Said 3

• How old is this girl.. 13? 😕 what you planned to do is the way that I would've definitely gone and if she was mature.. She should've understood where you are coming from lol... Just ditch her and do what you want, the girl is crazy

• Hmm... well she kissed you so I don't know why she's freaking out. Its not like she said she wanted to be friends from the beginning and stuck to that. You don't kiss your friend. She sounds kind of not stable at all to me. I think you can decide whether or not to stay friends. Its your life.

• No, what you did was reasonable and respectful. She lashed out, which was not those things.

What Guys Said 4

• I back you 100%. You are totally entitled for sure. I think you made a totally legitimate request and she is really over reacting. Where you her only friend or something?

• Even I don't understand why she would get angry with you. I think you what you did was very mature and you were not at all wrong in asking for time.

• Whew you dodged a bullet there man!! She is a Crazy Bitch.

• I have to do the same thing. 100% Support.