Cannot get over ex girlfriend. Really tempted to text her after months of no contact. Please help?

Back in January I had my hard broken by my ex girlfriend. I loved her soooooooo much. I ended up going to a mental hospital for depression and anxiety after my dog died. Right when I got out she dumped me. She was such an important part of my life. After she dumped me she tried contacting me several times including random facetimes which were never resolved. I didn't respond. The school year just began and I transferred schools so I no longer see her. The thought of not seeing her ever again scares me so much. I'm really tempted to send her a long text which ends with me asking if she would like to hang out. We've been broken up for almost 9 months now and haven't talked in forever. I know she got a new boyfriend but I heard they're over now and he ended up bailing on her. What we had was so special. I need to hold her in my arms one more time. I need to give us another chance. What do I do?

21

What Girls Said 2

• No you do not need to give this another chance. She left you when you were at your lowest.. Who the fuck does that to someone? I know that you think you love her and all but dude, she wasn't there for you, what if you become depressed again in the future, you reckon she's gonna help you through it or bail? You are a strong person, you don't need her. There are plenty of other girls out there that would actually help you get through tough times.. Together. She even went and got a boyfriend after.. That kinda spells it out to you doesn't it? You don't want to be the ex that she makes fun of with her friends, the one that wanted her back even after she ditched you when you needed her. You have to be strong!! What you feeling isn't love, it's need.. As an ex-depression sufferer, I suggest you look at yourself and love yourself because someone that wasn't willing to help you through is nothing but a hindrance in your life. I thought what I had with my ex was love, went through depression guess what he does oh he cheats on me 😄 and not only that lies that he didn't... You know how I got myself to feel better? I kicked him out of my life, burnt his possessions that I had and how do I feel now, pretty fucking great. I don't need someone that makes me feel like shit, and that girl is making you feel the same way my ex made me feel. So take my advice you don't need her in your life.

• First of all, I'm truly sorry about your dog. My very FIRST dog died last year around June. We had to put her down for cancer and VERY bad arthritis. As soon as she stopped breathing, I lost feeling in my fingers and cried like I never cried before.

A part of me wants to say that you should continue to move on. She obviously broke it off for a reason, especially if she was even able to after you had already gone through a terrible time in the mental hospital. But I suppose contacting her wouldn't hurt, as the worst she can do is not respond or reject your offer. You may never know. Maybe with her boyfriend bailing on her, she might have realized she took you for granted, realizing you were the better boyfriend.

I say give it a shot, but I also worry about you being vulnerable and overly sensitive about things. When things go wrong in life, just take a breath and try to relax.

What Guys Said 1

• It's usually not a good idea to try to get back with an ex in general but it seems like you really want to. If you wanted to move on, no contact and time would've worked well. It seems like you don't want to yet. Id say try to contact her but don't put yourself down again if she doesn't want the same.