Why do girls keep guys that they are romantically in love with as really close friends?

Isn't that wrong and wouldn't it ruin her chances with other guys who truly like her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because friendship is the second best option, personally.
    Besides, I'm moving on slowly, and I'm certainly open to other guys that like me.

• Thanks for mhg

• thank you it is.

• you were welcomed earlier and now you are welcome again.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 6

• Not every relationship encounter I've had with a male has meant that is all we are.. Some times it's actually happened and then I've realised I am happy with them as just a friend. If a guy then met these lad friends of mine they would see nothing but friendship if they had any insecurities or trust issues then I would do all I could to make them go away but sometimes it depends on if the guy can actually get over the fact some girls are strictly platonic with guy friends who they have been romantically involved with xx

• Because they haven't given up hope, I guess. I remained friends with the guy I was in love with because I honestly wasn't interested in dating anybody else at all. Although, in my case, it worked out lol; we ended up dating for two years.

• how long have you stayed friends before you ended up dating?

• Around a year and a half. I was only in love with him for a few months of that time.

• today I ended things with I girl I liked so much just because she is in close friendship with the guy she was in love with. I asked her whether she still loves him and she kept silent and that silence I took it as yes.

• I don't know if its wrong but I know that when I fall in love with someone I'm first friend with him and for that it means that we really get along well. So why would I separate myself from someone with who I can have great moments as a friend.
    For example Im still friend with my exbofriend, at first we needed some months just to pass to something else but now we can see each other and talk etc..
    Although Im still friend with him, I still keep a certain distance of protection. Because I know that I still have and I will always have some feelings for him, but I don't want him completely out of my life.

• I've done it, but because of my circumstances. I would rather friendzone a man that I like, than lead him on. I still don't think he's over me though.

• And if I was given a choice, I would not friendzone someone I have feelings for, I would go all in. All I can think of, is that women do this (only to the men they are in love with) as a crazy method to test a man, to see whether he will continue to pursue her or not. Women like a man who is firmly persistent, even though he is scared s##tless of rejection. Is it right? Hell no. But it IS feminine thinking. It is how women operate. They want validation that a man has staying power, no matter what, because they fear that the man will leave them once they are devoted to him. These tests do more harm than good though, because they are fear-driven.

• she didn't reject him in fact he rejected her

• No. It would not ruin her chances. They want to be friends but know or think the other guy doesn't feel the same way. So they don't want to lose the person they love.

If we love someone we don't run off to different guys if we know they don't like us. Some do Because it's hard but some like to stay friends with them if they do.

• your opinion is confusing explain it

• to answer if it ruins her chances it does not!
      normally we want to be friends but don't want to say make it awkward by asking if they have feelings. We normally don't want to lose the person we love.

Some people think that we find out a guy doesn't like us then moves on to the next guy in seconds. Some girls do that but not all. It is hard to like a guy and knowing the chance the friendship could end if their feelings get in the way

• I think I know who you are

• I know you do.

• thank you Triss even though it didn't work out as wished you have tried to help a lot. I owe you and I don't know if I can ever repay you.

• Blah blah blah. Shut up you don't owe me. We're friends 😊

What Guys Said 1

• It makes sense, people always want the chance to be with people they love. She's probably hoping he asks her out or something