Just found out that he is a player. I'm disappointed and need advice to cope?

I just found out that he's a player, and I'm obviously going to stop seeing him. The problem now is that I need to cope and move on, but I am feeling hugely disappointed right now. He may or may not know that I am aware that he lied to me... The reason know is because I became friends with a couple of his close friends and I found out a lot of information while we were hanging out one day. Everything they told me matches my suspicions and experiences with him.

On one hand I am relieved to have found out his true nature relatively early and reminded myself that "Thank god I didn't sleep with him".

But I'm also feeling stupid because in hindsight, there were some signs early on that I let slip. Furthermore, I don't understand why he did this to me, and it makes me feel like it's because I'm not good enough. He actually had the nerve to tell me that he wasn't seeing anyone else, when he totally was.

Any advice or enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems like you are blaming yourself for "not knowing sooner", and "not being good enough", but you can't. Playing is his gameā€”he trains specifically to be able and deceive/snag girls like you.

Take it in stride, knowing that you have gained some fresh knowledge, and from his perspective, you were the one that got away. His friends probably won't admit that they warned you about him...

You're going to meet a lot more jerks in the future (whose motives to play has nothing to do with you as a person). At least now you're more equipped.

What Guys Said 2

• He did it because he wanted to get you in bed, thats all it is. You just have to learn how to figure out who wants you for real and who wants you just for sex.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

1 private opinion(s)