Does this look like abuse or a normal fall?

https://postimg.org/image/ndeiwm5op/

I have already contacted the police and my attorney. At the moment I am going through a high conflict custody battle. The judge has ruled in my favor but my ex is not happy. He basically went into the court and lied saying i abused our child. The judge saw through it and ruled in my favor. Although this has happened my ex refused to sign court order and has not made any child support payments. Lawyer is going to have to do a motion to enter.

My son who is 5 went to dad's house Thursday afternoon and i got him back Fri evening. When was dressing him i noticed a huge bruise on his leg. i asked him and he said his dad hit him with a spoon. i called his dad he said it was already there but thats a lie bc i bathed him Wednesday eve. What does this look like to you?

its on the front of his thigih

35

Most Helpful Guy

• That could be anything. Your kid is 5, it's common for them to get bruises. It's not huge, and it doesn't look bad, so you can't really tell if it's abuse or just an accident.
    But a spoon doesn't do much, anyways.

I would believe the kid, I don't see why he would lie.

• ^^ Yeah. Obviously no one at his father's house would have coached him to say that, so, it's probably genuine.

Although, that would be one hell of a weird place to hit someone, especially if there are no bruises anywhere else. (Who hits someone randomly on the front of the thigh, and ONLY there?)

... And that's a very common height of furniture, etc, so kids get lots of random bruises at that height just from running into things. We have a 5-year-old right now -- and he definitely got his mother's clumsiness -- so, yeah, he occasionally ends up with some boo-boo's at that height.

So, if a random kindergarten teacher sees that bruise, they'll probably think it's nbd, just from a kid being a kid. But, again, why the hell would the kid SAY that if it weren't true?

Most Helpful Girl

• It kinda looks like a bruise a spoon might make. What an ass that man is for doing that to your kid! I hope for your son and your sake he will go to jail because thats where he needs to be.

What Guys Said 4

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think a 5 year old would lie about something so serious, so I think he really was hit with a spoon.

• Looks like just a fall or that he bumped it