I think I'm going crazy with pain over my divorce?

My husband and I have our divorce scheduled for next week. Until now, I have been the one crying, begging him to stay, promising to change. I have rejected dating other guys, and I cry everyday because I will pretty much lose the person I love most in this life. Although he is still living with me, soon he will go back to his home country (we're from different nationalities) and I'm sure I will be dead to him. To make things worse, I always suffered with low self esteem, and one of my biggest fears is being replaced. I came to know that he went to a music festival by himself for a week and now speaks to SEVERAL girls about our problems. More: they do not even KNOW we are married. They think I'm his girlfriend.. and why the fuck are they asking him how is our relationship? If they are not in a romantic relationship as my husband guarantees, why do they care? I confronted him with this and he yelled at me saying the reason we were going to divorce is because I am unstable, pushing him away, that I don't know how to "enjoy life" and that like many others, I can't stand seeing other people happier than me.

I gave everything to this man. My love, my bed, my body, my future. Everything is dead. And yes, it annoys me that he is happy, because how can someone be happy over a divorce with someone they were supposed to love for 4 years? It is sick! He is already planning more trips abroad with these girls, planning where he will live next and speaking about it with his mother like he's choosing a new pair of socks. It hurts me how quickly he got rid of me and how 90% of my dreams just shattered, and I will once again be replaced by someone more spontaneous, more beautiful, or more adventurous. For instance, I loved traveling but now I hate anything related to it because he met all these girls in couchsurfing websites as "travel buddies" and is now texting them that he misses them. Please HELP I cannot think I can live another day or breathe properly... I feel like I will go insane!

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry in advance and I'm in no position to say anything to anyone and I'm gonna choose my words carefully but reading this I got mad a little. but Whatta complete and utter dick, this guy. Just the fact that he's talking to other girls about your married problems it's not right to me. I'm not married, but I would have never done that. I will respect her and myself by keeping our problems just to us or confide in my parents or something and besides that's is a cold thing to do to someone you love, cold cold. I'm sorry your going through this situation. Just by reading this I say our too good for him. Just by reading that you want things to work out I repeat myself and say your too good for him. Surround yourself with people that love you. Find support and love. Stay strong ❤️

• Hello, thank you so much for your answer... you have no idea how warm you made me feel. I really am needing someone with a little empathy or care for me... I know here in this forum we do not know each other but this pain sometimes takes too much of me and I even consider leaving this world... thank goodness I have someone to talk to always...

• To add it's good that you reached out! In this times we need to reach out. Weather is here on this site or anywhere else. Seek a church or talk to an elder at a church surround yourself with positive uplifting people and you'll see it gets better. I never been through your situation or never will know how you feel but I know I gets better! Stay strong! ❤️

• Thank you for most helpful! I hope your doing ok!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I can only imagine the pain you must be experiencing. It's so hard to let go of something that we love but we can't control others. As hard as it is you must let him go and be strong. If it is meant to be he will find his way back to you and if not... You will find something better. Some times things fall apart so something greater can come into our lives.

What Guys Said 1

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0